- $69K – $74K Total Remuneration Package (pro-rata)
- $61K – $66K Base Salary (pro-rata)
- Location: Beerwah Library
- Vacancy No: 2814
- Permanent - Part-time (23.25 hours per week)
- Applications close: Friday, 02 September 2022 11:59pm AEST
Why work with us?
There is no better place to live and work than on the Sunshine Coast, especially with an outstanding organisation like Sunshine Coast Council.
With the vision to be Australia’s most sustainable region - Healthy, Smart, and Creative, council is at the forefront of delivering a number of region-shaping projects that will see the region become a hub for innovation, entrepreneurship and creativity, along with opportunities and a lifestyle for all to enjoy.
About the Role
Our Sunshine Coast Libraries are seeking a Library Officer to help drive the essential day-to-day operations.
Key duties include:
- Using your great people skills to provide outstanding customer service to Sunshine Coast Libraries customers.
- Perform library duties such as shelving, issues, returns and collection maintenance.
- Ensuring library collections are accessible and well-presented by accurate shelving and stock maintenance.
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of library resources, including digital and online resources.
If you’re the right person for this role, you’ll love working people, be exceptionally customer focussed and thrive in a constantly changing and dynamic environment.
The role requires having the capacity to undertake frequent heavy lifting and bending. A high degree of fitness and energy is needed to enable you to undertake safe, efficient and effective service delivery outcomes. As such, appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment medical assessment.
As someone who will provide guidance and support to our community, we’re also looking for those who are genuinely passionate about library services, reading and literature.
As a minimum requirement of this role, you will have:
- A Certificate III in Library and Information Services or equivalent qualification/experience.
- Enthusiasm surrounding new technology, including the ability learn quickly and willingness to teach others.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to engage with people of all different ages and backgrounds.
- A commitment to continuous learning, innovative thinking and flexibility.
Our Culture & Employee Benefits
Council is committed to creating an inclusive, culturally diverse, healthy, skilled and dedicated workplace culture. As an employee you will enjoy a range of benefits which include but are not limited to:
- Pay you 17.5% loading when taking annual leave (4 weeks entitlement per year)
- Discounted health related memberships and other wellbeing initiatives
- Generous Superannuation benefits - council will also contribute 12% Superannuation in addition to your 6% superannuation contribution
How to apply
Your written application should include:
- A 1-2 page cover letter demonstrating your ability to fulfil the mandatory and desirable requirements on the Position Profile. Keep the key responsibilities in mind when addressing this criteria; and
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
Once you have these two documents ready, click ‘Apply for this job’ and follow the prompts to complete your application.
Helpful information to assist you in completing your application is available on the Sunshine Coast Council website.
To learn more about Council’s vision and projects, you can view the Corporate Plan 2022-2026.
For specific enquiries contact Karen Ransley during business hours on 07 54995403.
We're working hard to create an inclusive workplace that reflects the diverse community we serve. If you require adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Recruitment Team firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sunshine Coast Council, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background including First Nations, disability, religion and sexual orientation. To deliver the best service to our region we want a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we serve. Sunshine Coast Council strongly encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.