Library Officer Technology
- Job Identification: 1129
- Apply Before: 12/03/2023, 21:00
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Phive Library
The City of Parramatta is going through unprecedented change and transformation as it becomes Sydney’s Central City. The intensity of growth and investment in City of Parramatta means that Council, their partners, and community have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to shape the City’s future and ensure it is culturally, socially, environmentally, and economically sustainable.
About the role
This position is responsible for maintaining and enhancing library systems and technologies ensuring they are fit for purpose and functioning optimally. Working collaboratively with all Library staff this role provides information, support and expert advice on library and related technologies and software. On a daily basis you will:
- Prove first level support by assessing, prioritising and resolving or referring Library technology and related software requests and problems
- Administer, maintain and enhance Library applications and technology to provide high quality experiences and seamless service access for Library customers.
- Produce, review and maintain Library technology and related software procedures and operational manuals for use by Library staff.
- Work collaboratively with the Library Programs and Engagement team, the Library Customer Experience team and Council's ICT team to introduce and deliver new technologies to Library customers.
You will have an innate ability to communicate clearly in person, in writing and online and you will bring experience at working collaboratively with stakeholders to successfully deliver small and medium sized technology and systems projects
You are familiar with the wide range of hardware and software products in use in public libraries and strive to ensure high quality customer experiences and seamless service access.
Your customer and solutions focussed approach extends to technology planning, and you identify and implement new-to-the-Library technology opportunities for the Parramatta community.
You have a tertiary qualification in information science/librarianship, or a related discipline; or relevant demonstrable experience.
What’s on offer
We are offering an attractive total remuneration from $78,860 to $86,866 plus superannuation.
In addition City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which include:
- A range of flexible work arrangements including hybrid WFH arrangements
- 14 weeks paid parental leave
- Access to Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Central Parramatta location (Public transport at our door, discounted parking)
- Significant leave benefits (up to 12 days flexi-time, 3 additional leave days at Christmas, 15 days sick/personal leave, including 2 days health and wellbeing leave per year)
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Health and Wellbeing programs (Fitness Passport, Flu Shots)
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the Position Description.
Alternatively for a confidential discussion please email Anne Spelman firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online and upload a current Resume and Cover Letter which describes your skills and experience providing technology and software support within a Library Environment. Applications close 9pm, on Sunday 12th of March 2023 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
The successful candidate is required to be vaccinated (at least 2 doses of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine) in accordance with Council's vaccination policy. Candidates may submit a medical contraindication for Council's consideration.
Prohibited persons as defined under the NSW Child Protection Act are not eligible to apply. A copy of a valid Working with Children Clearance must be presented at Interview.
This position requires the preferred candidate to undergo a Criminal History Records check. A criminal history does not necessarily disqualify a prospective candidate from selection.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol-free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
Inclusion, Diversity and belonging lies at the heart of how we recruit at the City of Parramatta. We continue to commit to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and hire great people with a wide variety of skills, experiences, and backgrounds. We invite candidates of all ages, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, women, veterans, LGBTIQA+ and other culturally diverse groups. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.