Library Services Coordinator H&S
- Location: Hastings Library
- Closing: 6.00 PM 15 June 2022
- Tenure: Full time
Mornington Peninsula Shire is Victoria's destination municipality, characterised by unique townships, highly productive agriculture, world renowned landscapes, tourist regions, and areas of national and international conservation significance within a vital Green Wedge.
The Shire is responsible for a broad range of infrastructure and community services that support the wellbeing and prosperity of our diverse community. With approximately 1200 employees, Mornington Peninsula Shire is a busy and vibrant workplace.
Library Services Coordinator
- Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
- Band 6 - $87,462.79 per annum plus superannuation
- You’re an experienced library branch leader with a ‘can-do’ attitude who’s ready to support, supervise and empower our branch library team and volunteers.
About the role
Mornington Peninsula Libraries is a dynamic public library service, providing a welcoming, inclusive and stimulating environment where life-long habits of learning and self-expression are encouraged, a love of reading is nurtured, and where library users can meet their educational, information and recreation needs.
The Library Services Coordinator provides leadership, motivation, support and supervision to the branch library team and volunteers. This position is responsible for supporting the implementation of a high performing culture aligned to our values of Integrity, Courage, Openness, Respect and Excellence.
Core responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the service-wide development and provision of effective information and learning services across Mornington Peninsula Libraries.
- Manage and coordinate branch team to ensure high performance through effective leadership, mentoring, performance improvement, recruitment and inductions.
- In conjunction with the Team Leader – Libraries, develop and implement long term:
- staffing strategies and staff training programs to meet service needs and professional development requirements.
- policies, goals and objectives regarding the library service delivery, collections and customer service.
- Actively promote a culture of learning, inclusiveness and accessibility for the whole of the community regardless of age, ability or background.
- Support the outcomes of the Library Programs & Partnership Coordinator by:
- leading the development of innovative and relevant programs within the branch and service wide with specialist teams.
- coordinating branch programs
- actively promoting relevant library services, programs and facilities
- developing relationships with local community organisations to promote the library and to create opportunities for partnerships
- Actively provide recommendations in the development of collections to meet specific branch user needs.
- Provide effective management of the Library budget and participate in the development of draft budget submissions, in conjunction with the Team Leader – Libraries.
Skills, experience, and other requirements
- Graduate Diploma or Degree library qualification as recognised by ALIA.
- Proven staff development and supervision experience.
- Customer service experience/extensive successful experience in a frontline customer service role.
- Significant public library experience and/or experience in a similar work environment.
- Sound experience and expertise in collection development and management.
- A thorough understanding of the role and function of public libraries in the community and how they contribute to life-long learning.
- Knowledge of budgetary principles and practices.
- Considerable skills in technology applications, social media, library systems, eResources and information retrieval.
Please review the Position Description in full, for specific information about this role.
It is a condition of employment that all MPS employees declare their Covid-19 Vaccination status. The successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of being fully vaccinated for
Covid-19 to MPS as part of the pre-employment process.
Click 'Apply' this will take you to the job listing on our job application portal where you can commence the application process.
Please provide your CV and a one-page cover letter addressing the skills, experience, and other requirements by 6pm, 15 June 2022
The Mornington Peninsula Shire is committed to creating a diverse and safe environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and Child Safe employer. We welcome applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, have a disability, and/or a form a culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background.
Applicants must have valid Australian work rights.
Make contact: For a confidential discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact: Marnie Umbers, Team Leader – Libraries on (03) 5950 1790