Library Services & Programs Officer
- Job Identification: 100811
- Job Category: Information and Knowledge Management
- Location: Mornington Library
- Apply Before: 31/08/2022, 06:00 PM
- Job Schedule: Part time
Mornington Peninsula Shire is Victoria's destination municipality, characterised by unique townships, highly productive agriculture, world renowned landscapes, tourist regions, and areas of national and international conservation significance within a vital Green Wedge.
The Shire is responsible for a broad range of infrastructure and community services that support the wellbeing and prosperity of our diverse community. With approximately 900 employees, Mornington Peninsula Shire is a busy and vibrant workplace.
Library Services & Programs Officer
- Permanent Part-Time (35 hours per fortnight) x TWO one at Mornington and one Rosebud
- Libraries Band 4 - $66,853.80 (pro rata) per annum plus superannuation
- Based at our Mornington/Rosebud library, but may be required to work across the library service
- You’re passionate about public libraries and you thrive in a responsive and innovative culture with a ‘can-do’ team spirit.
About the role
Mornington Peninsula Libraries is a dynamic public library service, providing a welcoming, inclusive and stimulating environment where life-long habits of learning and self-expression are encouraged, a love of reading is nurtured, and where library users can meet their educational, information and recreational needs.
Situated primarily at our Mornington/Rosebud library on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, the Library Services & Programs Officer provides outstanding customer service to library customers and supports the library team in delivering an exceptional and engaging service to the Mornington Peninsula community and its visitors.
You are a self-starter who contributes to a responsive, innovative, and forward-looking culture by encouraging and promoting a ‘can-do’ team spirit. You will be a member of an effective, cooperative, and cohesive Libraries team who are committed to providing quality customer focused service to all library users.
Core responsibilities include:
- Consistently deliver exceptional customer service outcomes and communicate in a positive manner with both customers and staff, as per the Shire’s Code of Conduct.
- Help customers to access online library services, products and other technologies and provide training and support through formal or informal training programs.
- Provide help and advice to customers in locating and obtaining information, referring to specialist staff or alternative sources of information when necessary.
- Provide support to specialist staff in meeting the reading and information needs of library customers.
- Collect, process and reconcile payments at front of house customer service and self-service stations.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of library services, programs and events that support lifelong learning, digital literacy/technology, reader development and literacy outcomes, including set up, crowd control and event promotion.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement by providing input into the review and development of strategies, plans, policies, standards, and procedures as required.
- Contribute to a collection of materials that meets the needs of the community by assisting with the circulation, maintenance, and physical repairs of the library collection.
- Support the issuing and returning of library materials through the library management system.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the library including shelving, tidying and display maintenance.
Skills, experience, and other requirements
- Diploma library qualification as recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association, or equivalent qualification appropriate to the position or substantial experience in a similar role.
- Experience in local government or other complex organisations is desirable
- Substantial experience in frontline customer service
- Substantial experience in IT applications
- Relevant prior experience in public libraries is desirable
- An Employee Working with Children Check
- Preparedness to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check
- Preparedness to undertake a fitness to work assessment
- A valid Driver’s Licence
Please review the Position Description in full, for specific information about this role.
It is a condition of employment that all MPS employees declare their Covid-19 Vaccination status. The successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of being fully vaccinated for
Covid-19 to MPS as part of the pre-employment process.
Click 'Apply' this will take you to the job listing on our job application portal where you can commence the application process. Please provide your CV and a one-page cover letter addressing the position criteria by 6pm, 31 August 2022
The Mornington Peninsula Shire is committed to creating a diverse and safe environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and Child Safe employer. We welcome applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, have a disability, and/or a form a culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background.
Applicants must have valid Australian work rights.
Make contact: For a confidential discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact: Mornington: Fiona MacNaughton on (03) 5950 1820 and Rosebud: Analise Wright on (03) 5950 1230