Mobile Library Operator
- JOB TYPE: Casual
- CATEGORY: Arts, Heritage & Libraries
- LOCATION: Caloundra
$48-$51 per hour (inclusive of Casual Loading)
Location: Sunshine Coast
Vacancy No: 4363 | Casual
Applications close: Sunday, 19 November 2023 11:59pm AEST | APPLY NOW
Why work with us?
At Council, we’re proud of our region. We collaborate with community to achieve truly sustainable outcomes, enhance our enviable lifestyle, and create award-winning places and spaces that are uniquely Sunshine Coast. So, if you love it here as much as we do, and you want to shape our region for the future – you’ll want to join our team!
With the vision to be Australia’s most sustainable region - Healthy, Smart, and Creative, council is at the forefront of delivering a number of region-shaping projects that will see the region become a hub for innovation, entrepreneurship and creativity, along with opportunities and a lifestyle for all to enjoy.
About the Role
Arts, Heritage and Libraries branch enlivens and enriches the lives of residents and visitors through the provision of library services, creative, cultural and heritage programs.
The Mobile Library Operator operates Council’s Mobile Library Truck, completes setup requirements, delivers outstanding service to customers, champions all library services and resources, and contributes to the development and continuous improvement of Sunshine Coast Libraries.
- Possess a HC and/or HR class licence as you will be driving the Mobile Library Truck.
- Manage the day to day operation of a mobile library branch in liaison with the Mobile Libraries Supervisor in the provision of frontline services to library users.
- Assist with the retail presentation of libraries ensuring they remain fresh and modern looking places.
- Ensure the safe operation of the mobile library trucks, and assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the mobile libraries’ prime movers and semi-trailers.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of library resources including digital and online resources.
As the Mobile Library Operator, not one day will be the same. And to join our team and enjoy the role to the fullest, you will have:
A HC and or HR class driving licence, and thorough knowledge of road traffic rules concerning heavy vehicles.
Previous relevant experience with demonstrated communication and excellent customer service skills in the provision of information in person, email, telephone and other standard business correspondence.
Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment with a can-do commitment to achieving overall team objectives.
Possess Certificate III in Library and Information Services or similar qualification or equivalent experience.
Pre-Employment Medical Required?
Essential to your success is physical agility and the level of fitness, strength and dexterity to carry out labouring and frequent heavy lifting & bending. As such, appointment to this position is subject to completion of a pre-employment medical assessment.
Our Culture & Employee Benefits
Council is committed to creating an inclusive, culturally diverse, healthy, skilled and dedicated workplace culture. As an employee you will enjoy a range of benefits and working styles to suit you:
- Wellbeing: Your wellbeing is important to us therefore we offer a number of different initiatives such as discounted health related memberships, fitness passport, employee assistance program and development opportunities.
- Extras: Those extras make a difference therefore we offer salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation, smartphones and devices. We also pay you 17.5% leave loading and generous Superannuation where council will contribute 12% Superannuation in addition to your 6% superannuation contribution.
How to apply
Your written application should include:
- A 1-page cover letter demonstrating your ability to fulfil the mandatory and desirable requirements on the Position Profile. Keep the key responsibilities in mind when addressing this criteria; and
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
Once you have these two documents ready, click ‘Apply Now’ and follow the prompts to complete your application.
Helpful information to assist you in completing your application is available on the Sunshine Coast Council website.
To learn more about Council’s vision and projects, you can view the Corporate Plan 2023-2027.
For specific enquiries contact Helen Kaatz during business hours on (07) 5441 8333.
We're working hard to create an inclusive workplace that reflects the diverse community we serve. If you require adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Recruitment Team firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sunshine Coast Council, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background including First Nations, disability, religion and sexual orientation. To deliver the best service to our region we want a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we serve. Sunshine Coast Council strongly encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.