Outreach Services Librarian
- Posted: 24 March 2021
- Closes: 07 April 2021
- Location: Mosman, New South Wales
- Tenure: Full-time
- Be responsible for our Home Library services, collections and programs
- Full-time permanent opportunity with a Rostered Day Off every 3 weeks
- Opportunity to join an innovative Council with a supportive workplace culture
- TRP from $70,735.99 to $84,332.69 per annum inclusive of superannuation
Mosman Council is committed to its community, innovation, the environment and making a difference at the local level. The recruitment and selection of talented staff committed to giving back to the community is a high priority for us, as we know our reputation relies on it.
Our employees enjoy many great benefits, including a 3-weekly Rostered Days Off for full-time staff, public transport travel subsidy program, tertiary study assistance, health and well-being initiatives and annual Award increases and performance reviews.
We offer a professional and flexible working environment and take pride in having a supportive and progressive workplace culture. We have been formally recognised as an exceptional place to work, winning the Voice Project’s Best Workplace Award for 2019.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking an energetic, customer focussed Outreach Services Librarian to provide services, collections and programs for the senior members of our community.
In this varied role your day to day work will involve:
- coordinating our Home Library Service (HLS), including liaison with HLS clients and volunteers
- selection of books and other materials for loan
- deliveries to HLS clients
You will also focus on developing the Large Print and Audio Book Collections, coordinating and recruiting the Home Library Service volunteers, developing programs and activities for senior Library clients, such as Technology Tuesdays sessions, and you’ll ensure the Library’s online presence for seniors.
This role is located at the Barry O’Keefe Library and involves working on regular evening and weekend shifts. It is a great opportunity to have a genuine impact on our community.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- demonstrated experience in the library sector including well-developed reference and readers’ advisory skills
- experience in developing programs, delivering presentations and managing events
- knowledge of and experience in the use of social media tools including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to promote library services and collections
- strong commitment to quality customer service and working within a team
- degree or postgraduate qualification in Library and Information Science or related area
- Class C Driver Licence and willingness to drive
How to Apply
- Apply now by completing the online application form below. Please note you need to complete your application in one sitting, as you cannot save it and come back to it later.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria via an online questionnaire. You must answer all required field before you can submit your application.
- You will be asked to upload your Resume/CV and other documentation relevant to the position, including proof of entitlement to work and 100 point identification. Click here for a list of acceptable proof of identity documents.
- All documents uploaded must be in Microsoft Word, PDF or JPEG format.
- For further information about the role, please contact Therese Scott on (02) 9978 4098 during business hours for a confidential discussion or see the attached Position Description.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Mosman Council, 573 Military Road, Mosman, NSW, 2088.
Closing Date: 11:30pm, 7 April 2021
Mosman Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Mosman Council is committed to creating safer communities for children and young people.