Readers Advisory Specialist
- Share your passion for reading and literature
- Join a close-knit and supportive team at a progressive lower north shore council
- Full-time permanent opportunity with a Rostered Day Off every 3 weeks
- 35 hours per week with some afternoon and weekend shifts
- Total package from $66,843 to $80,445 pa incl. super
Join us in creating a vibrant, progressive and sustainable community.
We are an innovative and progressive lower north shore Council with a rich history dating back to the 1890s and many heritage-listed sites. With an abundance of amenities and attractions, this area has something to offer everyone.
We are a smaller Council, offering diverse and rewarding work. As a Readers Advisory Specialist you will be part of a small but ambitious Council, supporting our greatest asset- our staff.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to utilise your skills in the area of Library Services to provide quality Readers' Advisory and Reader Development services and activities.
Mosman Council have a close-knit culture, with networking encouraged to support all teams.
Why You’ll Like Working Here
At Mosman Council, we are committed to our community and its environment and provide our employees with the same level of commitment and care.
As a close knit team you will experience a connected and supportive environment.
The team you will join is welcoming and knowledgeable and ready to collaborate to continually improve our systems and processes.
We offer diverse and rewarding work, ongoing training and development opportunities, health and fitness subsidy, tertiary study assistance program, access to fitness passport offering discounted gym memberships, and genuine work-life balance. Additionally, our staff have the opportunity to deliver on initiatives that have a tangible impact on the daily lives of residents.
We invite you to learn more about what Mosman Council has to offer. View the full list here.
What You’ll Be Working On
This is an ideal opportunity for an energetic, customer focused library professional.
You will undertake the full range of library service activities encompassing book displays, reading programs and book clubs.
You will also deliver on key projects, focusing on promoting the library’s collection, delivering staff training in readers’ advisory, developing online readers’ advisory content and the provision of quality customer service to the library’s customers.
What You’ll Bring to the Role
With tertiary qualifications in Library and Information Science or equivalent, you will be committed to delivering outstanding customer service.
You will bring significant, demonstrated experience in readers’ advisory services and will be committed to keeping your knowledge of literature and current reading trends up to date.
In addition to the above, you will also hold a valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate.
The position is identified as a Child-Related position under the Commission of Children and Young People Act 1998 and the successful candidate is required to hold a valid Working with Children Check
How to Apply
- Apply now by completing the online application form by clicking Apply Now! below. Please note you can save your application and come back to it later.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria via an online questionnaire. You must answer all required field before you can submit your application.
- You will be asked to upload your Resume/CV and other documentation relevant to the position.
- All documents uploaded must be in Microsoft Word, PDF or JPEG format.
- For further information about the role, please contact Therese Scott on (02) 9978 4098 during business hours for a confidential discussion or see the attached Position Description.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online; however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Mosman Council, 573 Military Road, Mosman, NSW, 2088.
Applications close: 11.30pm, 5 February 2023 | Apply Now!
Mosman Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Mosman Council is committed to creating safer communities for children and young people.