Research Services Librarian
- Job no: 492964
- Work type: Permanent Full Time
- Location: Penrith
- Categories: Library Services
- Salary: $78,850 to $91,272 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
About the organisation
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The City of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
About the team
The Penrith Library Service provides informational, educational and recreational, resources and services for residents and visitors through three branch libraries, a Home Library service, a Toy Library and On-line services. The library has a staff team of 60 and last year loaned out 600,000+ items. Resident surveys consistently show Penrith City Council libraries to be one of the City’s most popular services.
About the role
To contribute to an effective and efficient library service for the community of Penrith City Council through providing excellent customer service at Penrith Central Library and other branch libraries as rostered. To lead the Research Team in the effective acquisition, cataloguing, digitisation and promotion of the local history resources. To undertake and coordinate extended research requests from Council and the community as well as plan and develop guidelines and procedures related to the management and use of the specialist local area historical collections. To demonstrate and promote Council Values – Show Respect, Be Accountable, Encourage Innovation. This position reports to the Library Resources Supervisor.
- Relevant degree qualifications with eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association, or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of local community history and heritage collections and services
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of relevant databases, digital platforms and electronic resources
- Strong project management and administrative skills with a proven ability to manage concurrent tasks and work to deadlines
- Strong supervisory skills to manage a team with diverse responsibilities
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in successfully developing and presenting information sessions for both staff and the community
- Current Class C Driver Licence
- Public library experience
- Experience working with volunteers and community groups
Commencing Salary: $78,850.00 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation.
To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position please contact Sarah Dean on (02) 4732 7777.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: 02 Jul 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 23 Jul 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time