Senior Librarian/Shift Leader - St Leonards Library
Lane Cove, Australia
- Sign-on Bonus
- Permanent Part-time (25 hrs per week - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and either Saturday or Sunday)
- Great team
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an innovative Council seeking to make a positive difference in the community you support? We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced Senior Librarian/Shift Leader to join our team.
Located on the lower North Shore, Council's new library branch is due to open in March/April 2023 in the vibrant St Leonards precinct. If you are open to fresh ideas, committed to progressing new initiatives and driven to provide the very best service to our community, we want to hear from you.
About the Role
You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the new St. Leonards Library including the provision of quality Library Services, staff supervision, dealing with building issues and ensuring public safety. You will also be required to plan and deliver digital programs at all branches when required.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor Degree or Graduate Diploma in Librarianship/Information Science or equivalent, providing eligibility for Associate membership of ALIA;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and develop staff;
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering technology and digital literacy programs;
- A Current C Class Driver's Licence;
- A Current Paid Worker - Working with Children Check clearance (NSW); and
- Ability to work shifts in the evening or weekend, as required.
What we Offer
- Varied lifestyle benefits programs including:
- an employee wellness program and discounted gym memberships
- Annual performance bonuses and salary review
- Extensive career development and training opportunities
- The convenience of being close to public transport, cafes and shops
- Parking (St Leonards)
Click on the "apply now" button to be redirected to our careers page where you can download and read a copy of the Position Description and address the selection criteria in your online application.
For further information about the role, please contact Jillian Yau on (02) 9911 3634.
Salary range - From $1,560.70 to $1,716.80 per week (pro rata) + superannuation, (dependent on the skills, qualifications and relevant experience of the suitable candidate). In light of the current economic climate and increased cost of living pressures, Council is offering a $1,000 sign on bonus (pro-rata for part-time roles) to successful candidates.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE WEDNESDAY 1 FEBRUARY 2023 at 10PM
Lane Cove Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides a smoke free workplace.
This position requires applicants to be suitably immunised. As part of our pre-employment process, preferred candidates are required to provide proof of COVID 19 vaccination status.
Applications Close: 01 Feb 2023