Specialist - Service Quality and Development
- Tenure: Permanent Full Time
- Salary: $79,653 up to $92,441 per annum plus superannuation
- (Salary package will be assessed based on skills, experience and qualifications)
- Recruitment No: 22085
- APPLY HERE
At Wollongong City Council we have a steadfast commitment to creating an Extraordinary Wollongong. We are in an exciting period of transformation and focused on delivering exceptional services, infrastructure and facilities for our community
Our strength is the diversity of our people. Together our responsibility is to create an inclusive place where everyone is welcome, valued and belongs. We lead with courage, openness and curiosity. Our conversations and actions celebrate diversity, inclusion and belonging. Learn more about us here.
About the position:
Wollongong City Libraries (WCL) has established a new Service Quality and Development team and we are recruiting a Specialist to join the team. This role will work in a small team focused on developing systematic and evidence-based processes for WCL to improve the quality and effectiveness of its business. You will combine your great communication skills, broad knowledge of service improvement and evaluation, and customer service skills to achieve the strategic goals of WCL. This team-based role focusses the review of service provision, customer experiences and identifies opportunities for development, growth, and change across the seven libraries.
You will work collaboratively with all areas of the service to identify the needs of the Wollongong LGA, and plan and deliver service quality improvements that enhances community engagement with the libraries. You will also be responsible for collecting, analysing, and reporting Library statistical data, and WHS document control.
This is a full-time position and may include day, night and weekend shifts to collect data, observe services, engage with customers and staff. Initially located at Wollongong Library this position may be located at any of the libraries within the Wollongong City Libraries dependant on operational requirements.
Under Part 2, Section 6 of the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012, this position has been designated as requiring a paid NSW Working With Children Check. Applicants are required to provide a NSW Working with Children Check application/clearance reference number to their application.
What’s in it for you?
This is a genuine opportunity for you to use and expand your analytical skills and experience by contributing to the enhancement of library services. You will broaden your understanding of the role Local Government plays in our community.
We provide flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working, flex and RDOs – you just need to ask! We are value-led, support and encourage personal and professional growth, recognise and reward performance and embrace change. We provide generous leave provisions, are committed to a safety (everyone, every day and everywhere) and make available wellbeing programs to support our staff to be at their best.
Click on ‘Apply’ to complete your online application. Please upload your resume and respond to each of the selection criteria below that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this position. Applications that do not answer all the criteria will not be considered. CLICK HERE to learn more about How to Apply and our Recruitment Process.
For your application to be considered please ensure that you address the following criteria:
- A degree qualification relevant to the position. (In your application, please outline how your qualifications are relevant to the role).
- Demonstrated experience of using software to collect, analyse and report statistical data.
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer focused environment delivering excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated experience managing WHS documents and procedures following organisational policies.
- Proven ability working in a team to achieve agreed goals and motivate others to work collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse customer feedback to aid continuous improvement actions and initiatives across a service to meet the changing needs of the community.
- Hold a current Working With Children Check reference clearance number.
A copy of the Selection Criteria Template can be found HERE
Applications close 11:59pm Monday 13 June 2022.
· Click on the attachment below to view the Position Description.
· Reach out to Chris Brown, Coordinator Service Quality + Development on (02) 4227 7586 for questions related to the job
· Questions related to submitting your application online or our recruitment process, please contact the Attraction + Retention Team on (02) 4227 7065.
- Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team, which may include part time, temporary and or relief roles.
- We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with current public health orders, for example online interviews. Currently there is also no mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for this position. Should a public health order or relevant legislation require the position to comply to mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations, applicants will be required to comply.
- Appplicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.