Systems and Resources Librarian
Job No:LCC899 | Location:Lismore, NSW
THE IMPORTANT STUFF:
- Full Time: 35 hour week.
- Salary: A salary range from $1,505.00 per week + superannuation
- Full position description: Click here
- Contact: For a confidential discussion please contact Brenda Anderson, Byron Area Librarian on 02 66858540 or 0428 385 427
- Closing date: Thursday 16 June at 4:00pm
- Apply now
WHO WE ARE:
Lismore City Council is the Executive Council of RTRL and employ all staff. The Richmond Tweed Regional Library has a simple mission: to create an environment where people can discover, connect and escape with knowledge, ideas and stories.
We want to help our community expand their mind, broaden their horizons and learn new things. Whether it’s finding a great story to read, accessing online services or joining a playgroup, we are here to support our community and provide free services that make life better by responding to community needs and interests.
The team: We are a multi skilled team who want to help our community expand their mind, broaden their horizons and learn new things. Whether it’s finding a great story to read, accessing online services or joining a playgroup, we are here to support our community and provide free services that make life better by responding to community needs and interests.
The organisation: We are committed to making a valuable difference in the community in which we live, work and play. We are a diverse organisation that is made up of many disciplines all working towards the same end goal. We offer a broad range of career opportunities for everyone and encourage and support our teams to develop their skills and build their careers here in the Northern Rivers.
To find out more about our diverse and colourful region, click here.
- Passionate about helping and supporting the community
- Creative and innovative
- Organised and detail oriented
- An excellent communicator
- Lead, engage and develop the Systems and Resources team, ensuring effective personnel management in order to achieve the best organisational and community outcomes in relation to service delivery.
- Design, formulate and implement processes and apply services to meet the systems and resourcing needs of the regional community.
- Support relevant strategic direction, prepare budget submissions and reports for various stakeholders
- Oversee and support the development, maintenance access and process improvement of all library collections utilising traditional and emerging techniques to ensure we are future focused and our processes are effective.
- Manage major projects to shape our future, including information technology systems and applications in a resource environment.
- Working within a passionate and professional team
- Generous long service leave entitlements and access to paid parental leave
- Working in an organisation that supports and encourages growth and development
- Feeling supported by an organisation that genuinely cares about your wellbeing.
Conditions of Employment: Conditions of employment are in the Local Government (State) Award and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements
Pre-employment Screening: Lismore City Council adheres to the guidelines and advice outlined by NSW Health in relation to COVID-19 related legislation.
There will be a series of pre-employment checks including health assessments Confidential Medical Statement and receipt of copies of relevant qualifications and reference checks.
Working with Children Check
In accordance with the requirement for ‘Working with Children' anyone starting a new, paid job in child-related work must apply for the Working With Children Check (WWCC). This is a requirement for this position and it is the responsibility of the successful applicant to have undertaken the WWCC and the ‘Clearance to Work with Children’ provided to Council prior to commencement. For further information on how to apply please refer to the Office of Children's Guardian website.
No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's portal prior to the deadline outlined above.
We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline outlined above.