Team Leader Library Programs & Marketing
Category: Library Services | Work Type: Permanent Full-time
- Salary: Level 6 - Level 6 Stream A
- Salary Value: $84,908 - $90,689
- Location: Maroochydore
- Vacancy no: 466
Why work with us?
There is no better place to live and work than on the Sunshine Coast, especially with an outstanding organisation like Sunshine Coast Council.
With the vision to be Australia’s most sustainable region - Healthy, Smart, and Creative, council is at the forefront of delivering a number of region-shaping projects that will see the region become a hub for innovation, entrepreneurship and creativity, along with opportunities and a lifestyle for all to enjoy.
About the Role
Sunshine Coast is seen as a global leader in smart technology and innovation by being named as a Smart 21 community and more recently recognised as a top 7 smart global community. Our network of Libraries and Mobile Library services are a key activator in engaging residents and visitors with the knowledge, connections and experiences to continue to build the regions capabilities. This leadership role will;
- Oversee a team of 11, enhancing and developing their individual expertise in the production of relevant programs
- Review and design inclusive and accessible libraries services, with a focus on innovative programming and marketing
- Establish a mechanism for community consultation
- Proactively contribute to library strategic planning and ensure the alignment to corporate commitments and budgets
As champion of continuous improvement, your natural leadership qualities will build strong, customer focused teams resulting in relevant and valued library programs and services. Your career will demonstrate a passion for excellence and an ability to interpret future trends and service expectations. Strong research, analytical problem solving, evaluation, superior planning and service delivery skills are a must. Tertiary degree qualifications in Librarianship, Programming, Marketing or related disciplines or equivalent significant industry experience will be required. Ideally your career will reflect experience within a library, customer service, marketing or other related setting within a medium to large sized organisation.
Our Culture & Employee Benefits
Council is committed to creating an inclusive, culturally diverse, healthy, skilled and dedicated workplace culture. As an employee you will enjoy a range of benefits which include but are not limited to:
- 9-day fortnight - to support your enjoyment of the lifestyle benefits Sunshine Coast has to offer.
- Pay you 17.5% loading when taking annual leave (4 weeks entitlement per year)
- Generous Superannuation benefits - council will also contribute 12% Superannuation in addition to your 6% superannuation contribution
How to apply
Submit a resume / CV and cover letter detailing your suitability for the role, including your ability to fulfil key responsibilities and requirements on the Position Profile. Click ‘Apply for this job’ and follow the prompts to complete your application.
Helpful information to assist you in completing your application is available on the Sunshine Coast Council website.
To learn more about Council’s vision and projects, you can view the Corporate Plan 2020-2024.
For specific enquiries contact Esther Buys during business hours on 0439091644.
Through its Reconciliation Action Plan, Sunshine Coast Council supports social and economic opportunities for Traditional Owners, the Kabi Kabi and Jinibara people and the broader First Nations community and as such strongly encourages local, First Nations people to apply.
Applications close: 02/08/2020 E. Australia Standard Time