Team Member Library
- Supportive and Collaborative Team
- Opportunity to earn additional time off
- Great employee benefits and development opportunities
Join NSW’s highest award achieving Council, having been awarded the Financial Review 2021 Award for innovation and the Bluett Memorial Award 2021 for the most progressive Council in the state.
Why our team wants you?
Are you an experienced library professional looking for a new challenge? We currently have an exciting opportunity for a high-quality customer focused professional to join our Library Team.
Reporting to the Team Leader Library, you will participate in the library's staff rotation scheme, which provides staff with opportunities to work in other teams and locations, including evening shifts and rostered weekend work (by choice) within the City of Canterbury Bankstown. We are seeking candidates who show flexibility and the willingness to be able to work varied hours and locations.
*Please refer to the position description for a full list of accountabilities.
What’s on offer
- Salary from $63,205 per annum pro rata (Grade D, Step 1) + 10% super.
Why you’ll want to join us
By joining our team, you will evolve within a dynamic and welcoming organisation that makes serving the community our primary mission. Because diversity and inclusion are our strength, we encourage all members of the community to apply.
Please note there are both Permanent Full-Time and Permanent Part Time Opportunities available.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Flexible start and finish times.
- Option to Accrue Additional Time Off.
- Work/Life balance environment.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave.
- Access to long service leave after 5 years.
- 4 weeks annual leave, per year of service
Work at multiple sites across the Canterbury Bankstown LGA.
Click on the link below to access salary information for all steps within the designated Grade and have a discussion with us.
- Eligibility for membership of Australian Library and Information Association or experience relevant to the duties stated;
- A Current Class C drivers licence;
- A Working with Children Check;
- Demonstrated strong commitment to delivering quality customer service in a cross-cultural customer service environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with members of the public business unit customers, team members and partners.
- Demonstrated ability in negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise own workload and to carry out instruction with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with team members, provide a positive, professional and co-operatively approach when working with others
- Demonstrated ability to deliver programs and activities. Demonstrated ability to participate in the review of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the team’s business plan.
- Demonstrated ability in computer skills (MS office application) and online database skills.
- Experience working in public library.
- Knowledge of the Canterbury Bankstown community, and the function of local government and the role of the public library
For more information, please contact Jinru Zhu (Coordinator Branch Libraries) on 0417 532 198 or email@example.com.
You will need to submit your application via the ‘Apply’ button below and create a login using your email address and upload a;
- Resume; and
- Cover Letter addressing the essential criteria and if you are applying for the Part Time or Full Time Role.
Applications close at 11:59pm, Thursday 30 June 2022.
Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all team members and other workers. Our COVIDSafe Workplace Policy requires all team members to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccination status before commencing employment with Canterbury-Bankstown Council. Council defines ‘up-to-date’ to include having had a third dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. Medical exemptions are only available if you are unable to be vaccinated due to genuine medical contraindications and may be subject to further review. Applications for a medical exemption will be managed in accordance with Council’s COVIDSafe Workplace Policy.
Vacancy Description available above under Document\s - 2021 06 CS CCS Team Member library Position Description.pdf (347 kB)