Technical Support Officer
About the role
The Technical Support Officer will be the point of contact and referral for technology at the Wentworth Point Community Centre and Library.
This role is a 12 month temporary position responsible for the multipurpose facility’s technical specialist skills and provision of a high quality customer service to internal and external customers, particularly responding to technical support and troubleshooting. The role also requires delivery of training and capacity building to staff and customers around digital tools and IT systems and to monitor and maintain computer systems, devices and networks.
About the Person
We are seeking a self motivated and attentive Technical Support Officer with the following qualification, experience and skills:
- Recognised technician’s qualification in Information Technology, Information Science,
- Librarianship or relevant work experience in Information Technology, Library, or
- Customer Service work.
- Demonstrated experience in or understanding of latest technologies used in multifaceted community facilities such as network systems, booking systems, internal security arrangements, audio-visual, and other communications systems.
- Sound understanding of automated library systems and current technological applications in the information and library environment including RFID.
- Demonstrated experience and success in an equivalent position with capability of performing a wide range of information technology work.
- Good communication skills, including understanding the needs of people from a Non-English speaking background.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Sound problem-solving skills and ability to prioritise visitor needs and tasks.
- Computer skills including experience with a range of office applications and an ability to use Intranet / Internet.
- Ability to facilitate informal learning environments e.g. information technology sessions to internal or external customers.
What’s on offer
We are offering an attractive salary from $74,947.13 p.a. pro-rata plus Super. City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which can be accessed by the successful candidate.
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Moana Kailahi on (02) 9806 8623.
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria.
Applications close 5pm, Wednesday, 7 April 2021 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
Prohibited persons as defined under the NSW Child Protection Act are not eligible to apply. A copy of a valid Working with Children Clearance must be presented at Interview.
This position requires the preferred candidate to undergo a Criminal History Records check. A criminal history does not necessarily disqualify a prospective candidate from selection.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
City of Parramatta Council embraces diversity and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Multicultural backgrounds and people with disability. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
How to apply:
- If you have NOT registered with our Online Application System, you can begin your Application by clicking the 'Begin' button.
- If you are unsure if you have registered before, click here and follow the steps.
- FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN DETAILS? click here and follow the steps.
- If you have already registered, click on the Login button in the top right hand corner of this screen.
- Preview Application FormOpens in new window