Toy Library Officer
Position number: F2023/00052 | Closing date: Wednesday 25 January 2023
Salary: $73,429 - $80,774 pa + 10.5% super | Status: Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
- Toy and Game collection of 2,500 items
- Dynamic, innovative library service
- Supportive learning environment
- Apply Now
Randwick City Council is an innovative and leading local government organisation committed to serving our vibrant community on the beautiful eastern beaches of Sydney.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, organised and child focused library officer to join our Library team.
In this role you will develop, maintain, and promote a high quality and accessible lending toy and game collection, which contributes to child development and provides learning opportunities for parents and carers. You will also work at library service points during the week and on some weekends providing excellent customer service.
What we value:
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Our culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring:
- Diploma of Library and Information Science or equivalent
- Public library experience
- Experience with automated library management systems
- Experience providing toy and game library services
- Team player
- Customer focus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- NSW Working with Children Check
Things you will do:
- Select appropriate and innovative toy and game resources for collection
- Supervise the acquisition, cataloguing and processing of toy and game resources
- Facilitate play workshops and other activities to promote the collection
- Work shifts on the public desk across the 3 library branches
So if you are ready to expand your career and contribute to the organisational effectiveness and positive image of Randwick City Council, then we would like to hear from you!
View the position description or contact Elena Vlassova, A/Coordinator Library Resource Management, on (02) 9093 6454.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.