Trainee Certificate IV in Library and Information Services (2584)
Work Type: Traineeship
Location: Toowoomba CBD
Applications Close: 05/09/2022 11:45 PM | Apply
The Toowoomba Region is about rich traditions and bold ambitions. Our long and proud agricultural history has evolved Toowoomba into Australia’s second largest inland city supporting diverse townships in the Council area and acting as a service centre for South West Qld and North West NSW. The region is boldly forging new opportunities around the Surat Basin resource sector, education, health, transport and massive infrastructure investments. Growth hasn’t come at the expense of liveability though, with Toowoomba twice voted in the top 5 most family friendly cities in Australia.
Toowoomba Regional Council services a regional population of 166,500 and employs a team of approximately 1,800 staff, dedicated and passionate about delivering excellent customer service to the community, residents and visitors throughout the region. We recognise that our success depends upon attracting and retaining skilled and talented staff and offer a wide variety of interesting challenges and opportunities to develop your career.
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO START A CAREER IN LIBRARY AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT!
About the position
- The Trainee Certificate IV Library & Information position will work as part of a team to deliver library services with an emphasis on customer service, returning and shelving of library stock, and assisting with library programs.
- Have the opportunity to earn while you learn - Traineeship rates apply.
- This Traineeship is an entry level training program for people seeking employment as a Library Assistant.
- This is a temporary full-time 18-month Traineeship opportunity, based at the Toowoomba City Library.
How to be successful in this position - Success Criteria
You will need:
- The mandatory qualification(s), training and/or experience, as outlined under the 'Position Success Criteria' in the Position Description (attached).
- Ability to commit to the full Traineeship program and competently complete course work and assessment required to complete the Certificate IV within specified time-frames.
- Possess an interest in pursuing a career within the library field.
- Ability to accurately follow directions in a timely manner.
- Ability to complete daily tasks neatly and correctly using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office suite.
- Basic written and oral communication and numeracy skills.
- Ability to provide quality customer service including the provision of accurate timely advice in a helpful and supportive manner.
- Understanding of and Commitment to Council’s Organisational Value and Behaviour of 'Teamwork'.
How to apply
To apply, please submit two documents:
- A document addressing the 'Success Criteria' in the Position Description in two pages or less; and
- Your current resume.
PLEASE NOTE: Your application may not be considered if you do not follow the instructions outlined above.
Visit our website www.tr.qld.gov.au/jobs for information on how to apply for jobs at Toowoomba Regional Council. Applicants are encouraged to apply online.
For further information
Please contact Angela Morgan on (07) 4688 6467 within business hours.
The closing date for applications is at 11.45 PM on Monday, 5 September 2022.
- Council Values and Behaviours.pdf
- Position Description Trainee Cert IV Library and Information Services (2584).pdf
- Download Application Form