Children's and Programs Library Assistant
- Reference Number: 2022-84
- Closing Date: 22-08-2022
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Salary: $2,040 to $2,270 per fortnight, plus 10.5% superannuation and a 9-day fortnight.
Appointed salary in this range will be based on skills, qualifications, and experience.
Are you studying for a career in librarianship and are interested in a full-time position in a busy public library? Join us and put your children’s and programming skills to work helping to support the specialist services across the library network.
Hornsby Shire is located on Sydney's upper north shore, approximately 25 kilometres north of the CBD. Known as the ‘Bushland Shire’, our local government area is characterised by bushland comprising national park, major waterways, natural reserves and rural landscape. The rest of the Shire combines urban, rural and open spaces.
About the role
Your new role is an operational position that relies heavily on teamwork and the prioritisation of tasks according to customer need.
This position has the following major components:
• Provision of quality customer services
• Provision of efficient circulation services
• Support the delivery of specialist children’s and youth collections and services across the Library network
• Maintenance of collection and facilities
• Support of Library services and programs across the library network.
Your new role requires you to be a team player and adaptable, as the position works across the Children’s and Events teams. We're seeking an enthusiastic flexible, customer-oriented person who has good communications skills. Current enrolment in an approved course in Library Studies is the minimum qualification for the position.
A Working with Children Check is required for this position.
Benefits of Working with Us!
We pride ourselves on having a fantastic culture with a genuine appreciation for work-life balance. Hornsby Council offers a range of benefits including;
- Flexible working provisions/rostered days off
- Employee Recognition and Rewards Scheme
- Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing for staff
- Access to a range of health and well-being programs including discounted gym and swim membership, Employee Assistance Program, Fitness Passport, free flu injections and more
- Generous leave provisions including Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Up to 18 weeks Parental Leave
- Personal development benefits ranging from apprenticeships, career development, study assistance and training programs
- An active social club with diverse activities
Please note that you must be double vaccinated to work in this position and to attend an interview.
For further information, please contact the Neil Chippendale Acting Manager, Community and Cultural Development on (02) 9847 6523.
Closing date: 22 August 2022 at 11.30pm
[ View The Job Description (PD - Children's and Programs Library Assistant - July 2022.doc) ]
[ Preview The Position Requirements ]
[ Children's and Programs Library Assistant Roster ]
[ WHS Responsibilities Matrix - Level 6 ]