Library Makerspace Programs Officer
- Position number: F2021/00191
- Closing date: Wednesday 05 May 2021
- Salary: $70,578.10- $77,637.97 pa (pro-rata) + 9.5% super
- Status: Permanent Part-Time (14 hours per week)
- A challenging new role in a new space for Randwick City Library
- Suit a creative and innovative problem-solver
- Work in a diverse, supportive, and engaged team
Randwick City Council is an innovative and leading local government organisation committed to serving our vibrant community on the beautiful eastern beaches of Sydney.
We are currently seeking a creative educator to join the Randwick City Library team.
In this role you will assist in the activation of Randwick City Library’s Third Space (a Makerspace) through the delivery of engaging programs, covering a range of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) topics. This role has a research, planning, coordination, and hands on delivery aspect.
What we value:
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Our culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring:
- Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering leading programs.
- Excellent knowledge of the adoption and use of new and emerging technology such as creation of media content, 3D design, Virtual or Augmented Reality or Internet of Things (IOT).
- Demonstrated skills in the use of craft techniques.
- Tertiary qualifications (Diploma or higher) in a related field.
- A background in Making (Desirable).
Things you will do:
- Assist the Coordinator Library Service Development to develop, promote and deliver a range of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) and traditional skill programs and activities for the diverse community.
- Assist in the selection of support materials and equipment to deliver programs and allow use of the space as a lifelong learning centre.
- Act as caretaker through maintenance of the space and equipment
- Create partnerships and liaise with community and program presenters to ensure the delivery of relevant and high-level programs.
So, if you are ready to expand your career and contribute to the organisational effectiveness and positive image of Randwick City Council, then we would like to hear from you!
View the position description or contact Jonathan Doyle, Coordinator Library Service Development, on 02 9093 6400.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description to be considered for this position.