Reader Development - Children & Youth Service Librarian
- Reference Number: 10074
- Position Title: Reader Development - Children & Youth Service Librarian
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Division: Comm Sustainability
- Department: Libraries & Social Development
- Classification: Library Band 5
Kingston Libraries is seeking an experienced Reader Development Children and Youth Services Librarian for Cheltenham Library.
- Full time, permanent position 35 hours per week (including a late shift and weekends)
- Band 5, $71,700.98 – 82,800.15 per annum plus super
- Excellent opportunity for being part of a dynamic team with a new Library Strategy
Kingston Council’s collective focus is on delivering exceptional service that achieves our vision and meets community expectations.
A diverse, dynamic community where we all share a sustainable, safe, attractive environment and a thriving economy. The City of Kingston is south-east of Melbourne and is approximately 20km from Melbourne's CBD. We employ over 1,450 people in a diverse range of roles including engineering, customer service, administration, finance, family, youth and children's services, sport and recreation, health, parks and gardens, planning, arts and management.
As part of the Kingston Library team you will provide leadership support, ensure that Kingston Libraries provide high level customer service and build capacity in our communities inside the library, online and outside the four walls.
We are seeking a Reader Development – Children and Youth Librarian to join the Cheltenham Team. Reporting to the Cheltenham Branch Coordinator and the Children & Youth Services Coordinator, your role is to:
- Assist with the requests for the youth collection, support and implement children and youth programs at Cheltenham, Highett and Moorabbin libraries.
- Foster relationships throughout the community, providing an outreach service to local schools, kindergartens and maternal child health centres to create a love of reading in the community.
- Deliver innovative and customer focused service consistent with Kingston Libraries vision, values and objectives.
You will have:
- A strong commitment to upholding Kingston Libraries Values and supporting behaviours
- Proven experience providing positive leadership in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated experience in delivering programs to 0 to 18 years
- Knowledge of children’s literature, language and literacy development with experience managing library collections
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we can offer
This is a full-time position at a Band 5 level (35 hours per week). It includes one late shift a fortnight, one Saturday shift in three weeks and one Sunday shift in six weeks.
As an employee of the City of Kingston you will be part of an inclusive culture and have access to ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to promote a positive work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, discounted gym membership, social club events, paid parental leave, salary packaging, study/development assistance, employee assistance program (EAP) and discounted health insurance. Full time employees also have access to a planned day off every four weeks.
How to apply
If you have the skills, abilities and attitude to take on this position click on the Apply Now button to submit your application. If you require further information after reviewing the position description available to download below, please contact Shelley Gasperino, Children & Youth Services Coordinator, on 1300 135 668.
Kingston values diversity and is committed to creating a workplace where all employees can be their true self every day. We are a child safe and an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.
- Essential : Do you hold a current driver's licence which allows you to drive within Victoria?
- Essential : Are you willing to undertake a Working with Children Check? Please note, you will need to organise and pay for this if you are successful in progressing to the pre-employment stage of the recruitment process for this position. If you already have a Working with Children Check you will be required to add the City of Kingston as an employer if you are successful for this position.
- Essential : Do you hold the qualifications required in the position outlined in the position description?
Contact: Shelley Gasperino | Library Coordinator Children & Youth Services | 1300 135 668 | Shelley.Gasperino@kingston.vic.gov.au
Closing Date: 13/05/2021
Position Description available above under Document/s
Application Guide: Download Guide