Co-ordinator Library Services
- Full-time, Permanent
- Free Gym Membership
- Work in a brand-new Library and office space
Why you want the role?
Are you looking for a career progression within the library space, or feel like stepping out of the rat race into a more scenic location? Located just 45 minutes from the Perth CBD with the Darling Scarp as our backdrop, the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale isn’t just growing, we’re transforming the way our community works, lives and plays. As one of the fastest growing local governments in Australia, we’re bubbling with energy and excitement – so if you’re looking to be part of an exhilarating transformation, then this could be the opportunity for you.
What’s in it for us?
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Co-ordinator Library Services to join our Library Services Team. To be successful in this position you will have tertiary qualifications in librarianship and be able to demonstrate your high-level skills and experience in implementing and promoting community-based library services and programs that lead and drive change in the delivery of contemporary library services.
As Co-ordinator Library Services you will be able to demonstrate high-level interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills including problem solving, negotiation and dispute resolution together with proven ability to motivate, lead and manage teams to maximise their performance and job satisfaction.
A comprehensive understanding of the application of an automated library management systems together with knowledge of local government policies and procedures would be desirable.
As the Co-ordinator Library Services, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of library learning programs to our community, as well as facilitating relevant literacy and learning opportunities for people of all ages within the community. Some of your key duties will include.
- Lead, develop and coach individuals and capable teams to deliver exemplary services and programs optimising customer and visitor experiences
- Provide high quality, community focused library & information services and programs
- Develop and nurture partnerships with relevant community stakeholders
- Carry out administrative and service operations of the Branch Library
- Fulfil the objectives of the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale Library Services in accordance with approved plans, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Contribute to Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale forward planning processes, particularly in relation to the needs of the local community.
A current First aid certificate, Working with Children check, Police Clearance and C Class drivers’ licence are essential.
What’s in it for you?
Depending upon the experience you bring, we’re offering a salary of up to $90 - 100 000 per annum, plus superannuation. We know that working in a fabulous environment with a quiet rural outlook is not everything, so here are some other great benefits:
- Up to 3% Superannuation Co-Contributions
- Free onsite parking
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wellness programs including Fitness Passport
- Two additional public holidays per year
- Salary packaging including novated leasing options.
Our community come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do but because it makes our organisation stronger.
Where do I apply?
Please submit your application online, including a resume and cover letter telling us why you are the best person for this role by no later than 5pm on Monday 11th December 2023. Get in quick because late applications can’t be accepted.
APPLY HERE | PD attached above under Document\s