Library Application Officer (Senior)
- Posted: 22 Feb
- Closes: 08 Mar
- Dee Why, New South Wales
Division: Community & Belonging
Business Unit: Library Services
Title: Library Application Officer (Senior), Temporary - Full-time Role, 70 hours per fortnight
Salary Range: $69,048.65 to $80,245.17 per annum + super (subject to skills and experiences)
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council was created in 2016 through the three councils of Manly, Pittwater and Warringah coming together to deliver the highest quality services to the community. Exciting new infrastructure projects and community programs have quickly demonstrated the positive impact the new council is having.
The Senior Library Applications Officer reports to the Library Technology Team Leader. This role supports the Technology Team in the enhancement and maintenance of library applications,, and systems to provide innovative library services.
- Assist in the delivery of effective and responsive technology services to staff and customers
- Support the technology librarians to administer and maintain core library applications and systems, including the library management, RFID, library app and PC reservation print/scan/copy systems
- Provide administrative support to the technology team, including monthly reporting, researching technology solutions and purchasing of equipment
- Ensure library technology asset register is accurate and library devices are ready for use when requested
- Provide incident management and service request support to library staff
- Assist in the development of staff and customer training material relating to library technologies
- Actively contribute and participate in Library Technology team meetings
- Collaborate with library and council staff on project work when required
- Undertake required desk duties providing quality customer service at all times across a seven day operation as required.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Justin Lane on (02) 8495 6114 during business hours.
- Applications close on 08/03/2021