Digital Learning Officer (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Identified Role)
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants only
- Permanent, full time, circa $73k plus super, RDO
- Located in Darebin, walking distance from train and tram stops
About City of Darebin and Council
Darebin is situated on the Traditional Owner lands of the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung people. It is home to many Aboriginal community-controlled organisations, and a large number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people work, live and play within the municipality.
Darebin is also home to one of the most diverse communities in Victoria in terms of culture, language (more than 118 languages are spoken), ethnicity, faith and beliefs, gender, age, ability, sexuality, gender identity, class, socio-economic status, income, education level, occupation and caring responsibility.
Council responds to the many needs of the Darebin community, notably First Nations residents and organisations.
Darebin Libraries provides welcoming, inclusive and accessible spaces for our community members to connect, discover and learn. We deliver programs and events to inform, educate and assist our community, connecting people and organisations and creating opportunities for personal growth and development. Our libraries (Fairfield, Northcote, Preston and Reservoir) provide equitable and easy access to information, support, facilities, technology and programs that range from improving personal wellbeing to tackling climate change to educating the community about the safe use of technology. We aim to enrich the lives of our diverse community and create opportunities for lifelong learning.
About the Role
Develop and deliver digital literacy programs, often in partnership with community organisations for the community and employees. Identifying and members of our community who wish to improve their digital literacy and teach them how them to reach and engage with a range of social medias and connectedness.
- Inspire a love of digital tools through fun and creative learning programs
- Investigate and develop partnership opportunities for the delivery of digital programs with other Darebin training providers
- Develop a reporting framework to evaluate the delivery of digital learning programs
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge in using digital devices and technology and confidence in developing relevant instructions and tutorials
- Ability to teach people from a differing of backgrounds, ages and skills in using digital technology
- Experience in developing and maintain working relationships with a number of partner organisations and internal departments
- Ability to develop and document a range of digital training programs
As the local government responsible for an area situated on the traditional lands of the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung People, and home to many Aboriginal community-controlled organisations, Council recognises, pays respect to and celebrates the long-standing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and heritage within the Darebin community. Through its 2019 Statement of commitment to Traditional Owners and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Council has re-committed to building strong partnerships with the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, recognising their values, living culture and practices, continuing spiritual connection to the land and waters and their right to self-determination.
Joining Darebin, you will work for an organisation that proudly values respect, social inclusion, and making a difference to our community.
- Connect with a strong Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community and organisations
- Practise, participate in and celebrate culture, knowing Council respects Aboriginal cultural rights
- Learn and gain knowledge on the job, as part of endorsed work practices for First Nations staff
- Access to secure on-site bicycle parking and a range of conveniently located public transport options
- Fortnightly RDO
- Training opportunities
How to Apply
Please prepare your resume, and ensure it shows how you would be a great fit for the role. To submit your application: click ‘Apply Now’ below (then Begin) or email it to Gary.Edge@darebinlibraries.vic.gov.au.
Contact the hiring manager, Gary Edge, Team Leader Information and Community Learning on (03) 8470 8043 or Jimmy Kyle, our Aboriginal Employment and Programs Officer on 03 8470 8589 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Sunday, 25 October 2020 at 11.30pm.
Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply for this position. This action constitutes a special measure under section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).
The City of Darebin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. Darebin is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.
View the Position Description - Opens in new window
How to apply: