Manager, Content & Access
Fixed-term 12 month contract, full-time, 76 hours per fortnight
Band 7, $92,138 - $102,340 plus superannuation pro-rata
An opportunity has emerged for an experienced and passionate Content & Access Manager to join the team at the GRLC. This role is recognised by internal and external stakeholders as a key authority on library services related to the strategic direction and operational delivery of Content & Access.
The successful applicant will have extensive experience in the delivery of Content and Access services including: acquisition, cataloguing, processing of library materials and the creation and maintenance of database records, preferably within a public library setting.
You will be responsible for but not limited to;
- A holistic view of content at Geelong Regional Libraries – print, digital, born digital, digitised
- Supervise and provide leadership and direction to the Information Services Librarians and Content & Access team.
- The delivery and responsibility for implementation of reader development strategy
- A collaborative, network-wide, community and customer-focussed approach to continuous development, enhancement and management of content and access
- A strategic focus on the management and discoverability of content through contribution to the deployment, development and management of the LMS and discovery systems
- A strategic focus on the accessibility of the collections for people with diverse abilities.
- Evidence-based decision-making for development and management of content and for the direction of core systems for data management and discoverability
- A strategic focus on the management of metadata, to ensure data integrity and discoverability, removing barriers to finding content easily
- A forward thinking and innovative approach to new content creation, focused on the customer
In return, you will receive many benefits from us including:
- As a learning organisation, we are committed to personal and professional growth and provide ample professional development opportunities
- Every single role at GRLC contributes to meet the needs of our community, your role makes a difference for our members
- As a value-based and caring employer, we also offer purchase leave arrangements, carry-over arrangements from Local Government sector, local Employee Assistance Program and annual free vaccination reimbursement.
Applications should be made via our website www.grlc.vic.gov.au where a Position Description will be available and the application process is detailed.
Please note, applications which do not address the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description cannot be considered.
Applications Close 9th May 2021
Established in 1997, the Geelong Regional Library Corporation (GRLC) is a consistently-recognised industry leader in Victoria. We take our mission of a thriving regional community to heart and are an exemplary library service that creates opportunities for our community to read, learn, work and connect with each other and the world.
Not only are we the custodians and distributors of accumulated knowledge and resources, lead the way in technology and innovation to ensure inclusive access where we can all be enriched and inspired.
We create safe spaces for all individuals and have a rich calendar of learning and cultural programs through our network which consists of the Geelong Library & Heritage Centre, 16 community branches and two mobiles libraries across four local government areas.
We deliver on our important community responsibilities and are proud of our strong and established relationships based on respect, care and kindness.
The GRLC is a child safe and child friendly organisation committed to ensuring that all children who visit our libraries have the right to feel and be safe.
Geelong Regional Library Corporation values equal opportunity and strives to create an inclusive and welcoming work environment that represents the diverse community we service. Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We encourage expressions of interest and applications from people with a lived experience of disability, or long term illness or injury and people of all abilities, cultures, age, sex and gender. We welcome applications from individuals who may be returning to the workforce after a period of absence.
If you require additional support to make an application, or would like to obtain more information, or seek an adjustment to the selection process based on your specific needs, please contact a member of the Corporate Services team on 03 4201 0600 to discuss at any time. We will endeavour to accommodate any reasonable request.