Job No: DRC709 | Location: Dubbo, NSW
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
The Library Assistant undertakes a range of customer service and operational activities in the Dubbo Branch Library
As a Library Assistant no two days are the same! You will work in a customer facing environment, assisting customers with accessing library resources and facilities.
The Library Assistant, under the direction of the Community Engagement Librarian, will ensure the efficient day to day operation of the branch library.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to:
- Support customers in the use of library facilities, resources and PC applications;
- Deliver excellent face to face customer service and programs to all library users;
- Issue and return library materials;
- Participate and contribute to an effective and productive team;
- Operate library equipment; and
- Respond to borrowers enquiries and provide basic information services.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Higher School Certificate;
- Sound computer and keyboard skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team; and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- A willingness to work Monday to Sunday.
You are interested in library services and enjoy providing high quality customer services to the community. You will be organised, self motivated and the ability to work as part of a team. You are customer focused, tech savvy and have a can do attitude.
What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, wellbeing program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $51,389 - $59,721 per annum, plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am, Monday 3 August 2020
Enquiries: Dubbo Libraries Coordinator 02 6801 4513
How to Apply:
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)