Narromine Libraries Coordinator
Job No: DRC678 | Location: Narromine, NSW
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
We currently have an exciting full-time opportunity for a passionate and proactive Narromine Libraries Coordinator, with this position being responsible for the delivery of high quality and effective library and information services in accordance with Macquarie Regional Library’s strategic objectives, policies, and procedures. The position plans and delivers services, programs and events that enhance community engagement, literacy skills, educational, recreational and lifelong learning.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills that takes pride in delivering high quality library services.
In this role there will be an opportunity to:
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Deliver excellence in customer service experiences and regularly review and evaluate branch programs, plans, activities and collections.
- Lead a small team in the delivery of high quality reference and readers’ advisory services and customer experiences that increase reading, knowledge and literacy outcomes.
- Promote leadership, decision making and problem solving through planning, coaching and developing staff.
- Implement, monitor and report on branch component of the Marketing and Promotional Plan in accordance with scheduled timeframes.
We are looking for an experienced Library Technician who takes pride in delivering high quality services, and developing and applying innovative strategies for the provision of programs and activities for the community. You will be a skilled leader who will relish the opportunity to work with a vibrant, positive and energised team that services the community.
What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, wellbeing program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
A reasonable level of fitness is required for library workers. Please see the attached Job Demands.
A Working With Children Check is required for this position.
This permanent position works 35 hours a week, Monday to Saturday on a six day rotational roster.
Salary: $68,453 - $79,554 per annum plus superannuation
Closing Date: 9:00am Monday 15 June 2020
Enquiries: Manager Macquarie Regional Library - (02) 6801 4500
How to Apply:
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you are ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)