Library Services Coordinator (Dalby)
- Reference Number: 174
- Closing Date: 29-04-2021
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Location: Dalby MyAll 107 (Library)
A region the size of Tasmania, just 2.5 hours west of Brisbane and an easy drive from the Sunshine and Gold Coasts, the Western Downs has a growing population of over 34,000 people.
The region’s diverse economy, vibrant active communities and the extensive infrastructure and multi-billion dollar energy investments are ensuring that the Western Downs continues to go from strength-to-strength.
Western Downs Regional Council is one of only a handful of Council’s in the state of Queensland to be debt-free.
Council is very proud of this immense achievement which it had been working towards since 2015, proving itself to be one of the most financially prudent Councils in Queensland.
About the Role
Based out of what will be the newly fully redeveloped MyALL 107 Cultural Precinct in Dalby, you will be responsible for ensuring that Library Services connect our residents to information, cultural and lifelong learning needs, and to other people in our communities.
Reporting to the Communities Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for providing leadership and coordination to Library Services' nine (9) branches in the Western Downs Region;
- Lead, manage and inspire the Library Services team to achieve the priorities of Council's Corporate Plan and Library Services Strategic Plan;
- Make use of all suitable external funding and grant opportunities to deliver programming and projects; and
- Ensure Library Services is customer focussed, meets present and future community reading, literacy and learning expectations and fosters digital participation.
The successful applicant will have:
- a relevant Degree or Diploma in Library Services OR be able to demonstrate equivalent related experience;
- a current Queensland C Class driver's licence;
- a current Working with Children Blue Card or ability to obtain one prior to commencing; and
- it is also highly desirable for the successful candidate to have proven experience in the management of staff for the delivery of Library Services.
What we offer:
- Work life balance - option of 9 day fortnight or 19 day month
- Relocation assistance of $5,000 may be offered to the successful candidate if relocating to the region
- Access to Corporate Health Plan
- Health & Wellbeing program
- Salary Packaging available - Motor Vehicles, Superannuation, Remote Area Housing (Rent), Fuel, Gas and Electricity
- Locality allowance
- Job security in a local government position
- Living in the Western Downs
If you enjoy working both autonomously as well as collaboratively with employees, this role is for you.
TOGETHER WE MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE.
Applications close at 5.00pm AEST on Thursday 29 April 2021.
The recruitment process may include candidates completing a pre-employment health declaration and you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
Applicants for this position agree to WDRC conducting an independent employment check with your current (or most recent) employer prior to your formal appointment to the advertised position.
WDRC reserves the right to close or withdraw vacancies before the advertised closing date, or extend the closing date, without prior notice.