Programs Officer - Library
Job No: SMC53 | Location: Strathfield
Division: People, Place and Civic Services
Team: Human Services
Employment Status: Permanent
Employment Arrangement: Full-Time 35 hours per week
Salary Range: $58,780 to $67,425 per annum plus 9.5% Super
Strathfield Council is seeking a motivated and customer focused Programs Officer to join the Human Services Team.
About the Opportunity
This opportunity will allow you to:
- Ensure high quality customer service is provided whilst working in a busy environment;
- Deal appropriately with customers from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills to customers and team members;
- Maintain effective working relationships with team members;
- Undertake desk shifts as rostered, including weekend and evening shifts as required;
- Plan, promote and deliver regularly scheduled programs, special events, outreach and activities for children, youth, adults, seniors and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds;
- Contribute to planning, promotion and delivery of new programs for identified target groups as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Diploma of Library and Information Services or equivalent.
- Demonstrated customer focus attributes, including the ability to respond promptly and courteously to a diverse range of service needs and a good knowledge of library services, products and collections.
- Demonstrated strong communication and problems solving skills and ability to provide information services to a culturally diverse public.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise, organise and coordinate programs and the capacity to work to deadlines under pressure.
- Experience in the provision and delivery of library services to children, youth and adults.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment, individually and under limited supervision.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Workplace Health and Safety and Cultural Diversity principles.
- A current Office of the Children’s Guardian - Working with Children Check number or willingness to obtain.
Salary and Conditions:
The salary range for this position is $58,780 to $67,425 per annum plus 9.5% Super. Dependent upon the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
This position also offers:
- The ability to achieve a flexible, work-life balance with access to Council’s Flexi-Time System.
- Employment benefits such as access to generous leave entitlements and 9.5% superannuation.
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
Applicants can apply through our online application process:
1. Please fill out your details below and attach any relevant documentation on the next page.
Applications should address the Selection Criteria.
2. Review and answer our designated questions before concluding your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Helen Foley on (02) 9748 9999.
Please note that due to Child Protection laws in NSW, Council is required to conduct Working with Children Checks.
Applications Close at 10pm, Friday 18th June 2021