Manager Cultural Services
- Permanent Full Time
Manager Cultural Services
Be passionate. Be progressive. Hawkesbury City Council.
- An attractive salary will be negotiated
- 19 Day Month
- Lease back Vehicle
This role represents a unique opportunity to join an organisation that is committed to building high performing teams, working together to deliver outcomes for the community through innovation and best practice. We have passion and enthusiasm and we are looking for like-minded people to join us on this journey.
Reporting to the Director Support Services you will play an important role in the decision making and delivery of contemporary cultural services programs to the community. A key focus of the role will be to create a framework for Council to prioritise, coordinate and highlight the City’s cultural resources by connecting the history, heritage and the creative vitality of the area. You will lead a multi-disciplinary team of professional specialists, as well as frontline service delivery staff and volunteers who represent the public face of Council across its cultural facilities.
This is a creative leadership opportunity for an individual who is passionate and committed to delivering cultural programs and projects that stimulate community engagement with our services. Your expertise will include experience in the principles of Community/Cultural Development, grant acquisition, fundraising and capacity to propose and implement ideas for improving efficiency and work practice. You must also have the ability to build strong partnerships within the organisation and community.
You must have:
- Relevant Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience to the functional responsibilities of the Branch.
- Demonstrated practical experience in managing at least one of the functions within the Cultural Services Branch – Library Services, Regional Gallery and Regional Museum.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate and negotiate with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in planning, administering and monitoring operational budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, create and manage a high performance, multi-disciplinary team.
An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant commensurate with qualification, skills and experience.
Hawkesbury City Council also offers a great working environment where your career and development matters. We offer a range of benefits from flexible work arrangements, discounted gym memberships, study assistance to flu vaccinations and other wellbeing initiatives.
For further position details, including the selection criteria and how to apply, visit our website www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au or if you do not have access to our website call the Human Resources Branch on 02 4560 4444.
Applications close 5pm Sunday, 24 May 2020
Applicants who do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for this position.
Please note that the canvassing of Councillors in relation to these matters will automatically disqualify the applicant from this process.