Job No: BC1729 | Location: Blacktown, NSW
Branch Librarian, Riverstone Library
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 612,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
Blacktown City Libraries is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic librarian to join our Customer Service team.
Located at our Riverstone branch and reporting to the Customer Services Coordinator, you will lead a small team in providing exceptional library services to the community. Your responsibilities will include delivering relevant programs and activities, including regular programs for children and community technology training sessions.
Highly regarded by the local community for personalised service, Riverstone Library is close to rapidly developing residential areas and is identified for future expansion in the Library's Strategic Plan. If you enjoy providing core frontline library services and have an innovative and strategic streak, we would like to hear from you.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent as recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Eligible for professional membership of ALIA
- Previous library experience.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,265.50 - $1,417.40 (Grade 8) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 2 April 2021, 11.30 pm
Contact Officer: Samantha Cadwallen on (02) 9839 6617 or Samantha.Cadwallen@blacktown.nsw.gov.au
INTERNAL REF: BCC1143