Warrumbungle Libraries Coordinator
Job No: DRC778 | Location: Coonabarabran
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
About Macquarie Regional Library
The Library serves a population of 69,209 across 25,168 square kilometres. The Library provides a range of services and collections to three (3) local government areas of Dubbo Regional Council, Narromine Shire Council and Warrumbungle Shire Council. There is consistency in services and collections offered with high-level support from the Library’s Regional Office located in Dubbo. The Library Service has seven (7) branch library locations: Coolah; Coonabarabran; Dunedoo; Narromine; Trangie; Dubbo; Wellington; and service points at Baradine, Binnaway and Mendooran.
The Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of high quality and effective library and information services in accordance with Macquarie Regional Library’s strategic objectives, policies, and procedures. You will plan and deliver services, programs and events that enhance community engagement, literacy skills, educational, recreational and lifelong learning.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Deliver excellence in customer service experiences
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships with community organisations, agencies and groups including formal and informal education providers.
- Model, promote and support leadership, decision making and problem solving through planning, coaching and developing staff
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Degree in Library and information Science with eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA).
- Experience in developing and delivering library and information services, preferably, in a public library environment.
- Experience in community engagement and delivering community programs and events.
- Experience in leading a small team to achieve organisational goals and goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of current issues and trends in public libraries.
We are looking for an experienced library professional who takes pride in delivering high quality services, and developing and applying innovative strategies for the provision of programs and activities for the community. You will be a skilled leader who will relish the opportunity to work with a vibrant, positive and energised team that services the community.
What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, wellbeing program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
A Working With Children Check is required for this position.
Salary: $76,073-$88,409 per annum plus superannuation
Enquiries: Manager Macquarie Regional Library - (02) 6801 4500
Closing Date: 9:00am Monday 1 February 2021
How to Apply:
1. Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
2. On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
3. Please note that once you start to complete your application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you are ready.
4. All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)