Library Collections Services Officer
- Reference Number: S100-22-521
- Closing Date: 17-10-2022
- Employment Type: Temporary Full Time (6 months)
Library Collection Services Officer
- Picton location
- Temporary Full -Time – up to 6 months
- Salary from $70,679 to $81,972 per annum + 10.5% Superannuation
- Flexible Working arrangements
Are you a passionate, motivated and experienced Library professional looking for your next challenge? This could be the position for you!
Wollondilly Shire Council covers a Local Government Area of approximately 2,560km2 of pristine bushland, crystal clear waterways and unique towns and villages that are home to close-knit communities. We are experiencing a time of significant growth and require suitably qualified and experienced professionals to go on this exciting journey with us.
In addition to the positive and supportive work culture, there are a number of benefits and opportunities available to our employees including:
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Employee Reward and Recognition Programs
- Educational Assistance Program
- Staff Social activities
About the Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity within our Library Services Team for an experienced Library Collections Services Officer. Reporting to the Technical Services Coordinator, this position is responsible for providing quality collection and cataloguing services that reflect community needs.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate their competency in the following essential experience and qualifications:
- Library technician qualifications conferring eligibility for ALIA membership.
- Current Class C Drivers Licence.
- Working with Children Check.
- Experience in Collection Management with the ability to maintain strong relationships with vendors.
- Demonstrated readers advisory, research and information retrieval skills, including knowledge of literature and current trends.
- Strong organisation and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Further Information: Rachael Hainsworth, Technical Services Coordinator on 02 4677 9697
Closing Date: 5.00pm Monday, 17 October 2022 | Apply for this position
Don’t delay any longer, Apply Now and let’s make Wollondilly an even better place, together.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council’s website, Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement.
Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a Police Background check, Credential Check and Bankruptcy Check.
In accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020 all positions are engaged Monday to Sunday except as otherwise provided.
Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to workplace diversity.