Library Mobile Services Coordinator
Job No: 132874 | Location: Moree
- Exciting opportunity for a highly organised, customer-centric individual
- Join a supportive Local Council recognised as an 'Employer of Choice'
- Salary circa $53,544.40 - $57,579.60 PLUS super PLUS additional benefits including salary sacrificing options, uniform allowance and regular RDOs!
About the Opportunity
Moree Plains Shire Council now has a newly created opportunity for a Library Mobile Services Coordinator to join their Community Library team in Moree, Northern NSW, approximately 1.5 hours drive from the Queensland border.
Reporting to the Moree Library Coordinator, you will primarily be responsible for coordinating a mobile service that delivers general customer and library services and delivering programs and associated activities to support key areas of the council.
This is a permanent, full-time position working 35 hours per week, 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday, driving the new council van approx. 20 hours/3 days a week.
More specifically, your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Participate in day to day activities of the library including: circulation services, shelving
- Provide library circulation services to customers of the mobile service
- Process information requests and payments from customers and forward queries to relevant MPSC team members
- Coordinate the maintenance, presentation and rotation of library stock for the mobile service
- Provide customers with basic education & assistance in using online catalogue, databases and other resources available
- Develop and support programs and initiatives that foster social inclusion for users of the Mobile Service
- Cooperate with Council to assist the organisation comply with the obligations under the Workplace Health & Safety Act and the Workplace Injury Management and Workers Compensation Act 1998
- Undertake other relevant duties as directed, consistent with the employee’s skill, competence and training
To read the full position description, click here.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally possess a Certificate IV in Library and Information Services and have demonstrated experience in a customer service role. Other relevant qualifications and experience, such as delivering programs and events, will also be highly regarded.
You will need to be an enthusiastic and highly organised worker with fantastic customer services skills. Your ability to adapt and maintain flexibility in an environment of continuous change, will be essential to your success in the role.
As you will be delivering various programs and presentations, you will need to be confident in your ability to present and communicate key information in a way that is easily comprehendible for audiences of varying knowledge and abilities. You must demonstrate highly developed customer service skills and be a strong communicator who is able to engage effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders, including children.
Please note: You will be required to obtain a valid class 'C' Australian driver's licence and a Working with Children Check prior to commencing employment.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, the successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration circa $53,544.40 - $57,579.60 plus super, negotiable based on your qualifications and experience.
You will also gain access to an outstanding range of additional benefits, including:
- 9.5% superannuation;
- A rostered day off every 3 weeks;
- Salary sacrificing options; and
- Uniform allowance.
About the Organisation
Moree Plains Shire Council’s mission is to lead the way in fostering a healthy, positive and well-resourced community. Council is recognised as an Employer Of Choice and is committed to providing employees with a happy and healthy working life experience in order to foster a productive workforce.
Ideally nestled on the New South Wales and Queensland border, Moree is a town rich in culture, heritage, agriculture and natural assets with each component intertwining to define the characteristics of both the town and the community. With an old-world ambience, it offers a fantastic family-friendly lifestyle, affordable housing and plenty of infrastructure including cafes, restaurants, art galleries and more.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to take your career to the next level - Apply Now!