Librarian - Part-time
Job No: USC123 | Location: Uralla
Closing Date: 23 Dec 2020 AEDT
About the Role
Council has an exciting opportunity for a Librarian join our library team! This part-time position welcomes the perfect work/life balance with 25 working hours per week. The primary purpose of the position is to manage the delivery of effective and efficient library services for residents and visitors in accordance with the policies and objectives of Uralla Shire Council and Central Northern Regional Library.
To view a detailed list of responsibilities, please Position Description.
Our ideal applicant will have a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of public library trends and challenges along with customer service experience. You should have experience in managing the day to day operations, programs and activities of a public library and an ability to lead and develop staff and volunteers to provide quality library services.
What We Offer You
This is a fantastic opportunity to advance your career with a thriving Council!
With a diverse range of services offered by Council, you won’t be bored day to day - you’ll enjoy variety and an interesting scope of work.
You’ll be welcomed into a supportive and social environment where every team member is committed to pitching in and helping each other in order for everyone to succeed.
In return for your hard work and dedication, Council is offering a competitive remuneration package (based on the part-time hours of 25/week) circa $43,200 - $49,700 (commensurate with qualifications and experience).
You will also have access to a range of benefits and great conditions including:
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- 9.5% superannuation.
- Long service leave after 5 years' continuous service (with the ability to transfer sick and long service leave entitlements to other NSW Councils!)
- Employee Recognition Program
About Uralla Shire Council
Uralla Shire Council is a large and diverse organisation employing over 160 staff and is responsible for assets in excess of $300 million, 32 different service areas and an annual budget of approximately $20 million.
The Uralla Shire local government area covers an area approximately 3,229 square kilometres and is home to a permanent resident population of around 6,048 people. The main township is Uralla, which is located 22 kilometres south of Armidale and 89 kilometres north of Tamworth on the New England Highway.
How to Apply:
- Please complete your application below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.