Casual Library Officer, GRLC
Casual positions available
Band 3, $30.23 per hour plus 25 % casual loading
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity to join an industry leader in a thriving regional community and to contribute towards the role of public libraries in providing a safe and inclusive space to promote learning, knowledge and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for passionate, customer focused and dedicated people to undertake the role of Casual Library Officer with the Geelong Regional Library Corporation.
You will have a deep understanding of the role of public libraries and be responsible for the delivery of frontline customer focused service to a diverse community.
To be successful for the role, you possess:
- A demonstrated understanding of the role of the modern customer focused public library
- Demonstrated skills and ability to provide outstanding customer service to a diverse community
- An ability to recommend suitable collection choices and instruct in the use of library technologies
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement while modelling behaviours in line with GRLC values.
- The ability to assist in the delivery of activities for all community members.
- Tertiary qualification which confers eligibility for Membership of Australian Library & Information Association or a relevant tertiary qualification will be highly regarded.
- Minimum requirements of availability to be considered for the GRLC casual pool are 2 x full days per week, 1 x evening per week and 1 x Saturday morning per fortnight. Failure to meet these minimum requirements may result in permanent removal from the casual pool.
In return, you will receive many benefits from us including:
As a learning organisation, we are committed to personal and professional growth and provide ample professional development opportunities
Every single role at GRLC contributes to meet the needs of our community, your role makes a difference for our members
As a value-based and caring employer, we also offer purchase leave arrangements, carry-over arrangements from Local Government sector, local Employee Assistance Program and annual free vaccination reimbursement.
Expressions of interest are to be made to Shane Brown, People Coordinator via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, applications which do not address the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description cannot be considered.
Applications Close COB Sunday 20th June 2021
Who are we?
Established in 1997, the Geelong Regional Library Corporation (GRLC) is a consistently-recognised industry leader in Victoria. We take our mission of a thriving regional community to heart and are an exemplary library service that creates opportunities for our community to read, learn, work and connect with each other and the world.
Not only are we the custodians and distributors of accumulated knowledge and resources, lead the way in technology and innovation to ensure inclusive access where we can all be enriched and inspired.
We create safe spaces for all individuals and have a rich calendar of learning and cultural programs through our network which consists of the Geelong Library & Heritage Centre, 16 community branches and two mobiles libraries across four local government areas.
We deliver on our important community responsibilities and are proud of our strong and established relationships based on respect, care and kindness.
The GRLC is a child safe and child friendly organisation committed to ensuring that all children who visit our libraries have the right to feel and be safe.
Geelong Regional Library Corporation values equal opportunity and strives to create an inclusive and welcoming work environment that represents the diverse community we service. Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We encourage expressions of interest and applications from people with a lived experience of disability, or long term illness or injury and people of all abilities, cultures, age, sex and gender. We welcome applications from individuals who may be returning to the workforce after a period of absence.
If you require additional support to make an application, or would like to obtain more information, or seek an adjustment to the selection process based on your specific needs, please contact a member of the People and Business Operations team on 03 4201 0600 to discuss at any time. We will endeavour to accommodate any reasonable request.