Library Customer Service Officer
Reference number: 13402
Closing date: 11:45pm, Sunday 10 January 2021
- Permanent Part-Time Position
- 18 Hours Per Week
- $34.17 - $37.65 per hour plus 9.5% superannuation
- Banding: LIB3A-LIB3E
- Location: Ascot Vale Library
About Moonee Valley City Council Libraries
Moonee Valley City Council provides library services at five locations across the municipality; Ascot Vale Library, Avondale Heights Library and Learning Centre, Flemington Library, Niddrie Library and Sam Merrifield Library (Moonee Ponds). Services include availability and loans of books and other materials, collection management, information provision, access to computers and the internet, online services and events. Libraries are essential for every community and play a vital role in enriching the lives of our residents through lifelong learning, improving literacy, access to information, leisure and culture.
This position is an opportunity to play a key role in customer service delivery at Moonee Valley Libraries. Working as part of a professional and friendly team, you will provide high quality service to residents and support the maintenance of library collections.
- Ensure customers have a positive experience with Council by providing prompt, accurate, courteous and consistent customer service that is characterised by active engagement;
- Undertake library tasks as required including placing reservations, joining new members, discussing and assisting with equipment and event bookings, issuing and returning loans, placing reservations, collecting fees and charges and shelving materials;
- Assist customers in the use of equipment and technology such as computers, photocopiers, wireless internet access, online resources, library apps, eBooks and mobile devices; and,
- Provide a quality information service and refer queries to specialist staff when necessary.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated customer service skills, preferably in a public library;
- Sound information technology skills including a familiarity with mobile and online technologies used in public libraries;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to take direction;
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills; and,
- Current Working With Children Check.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through our online system https://mooneevalley.mercury.com.au/ and should be in line with the Moonee Valley City Council Application Guide found at the bottom of the advertisement. Applications that do not meet these requirements may not be considered.
For further information, please view the Position Description or contact Chris Bolland, Team Leader Ascot Vale Library and Library Technology on (03) 9243 1938.
Our Culture of Inclusion
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email H2@mvcc.vic.gov.au or call 9243 1122.
Essential: 1. Satisfactory completion of secondary schooling.
Essential: 2. Demonstrated customer service skills, preferably in a public library.
Essential: 3. Sound information technology skills including a familiarity with mobile and online technologies used in public libraries.
Essential: 4. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to take direction.
Essential: 5. Well-developed organisational and time management skills.
- Contact Person: Chris Bolland
- Contact Number: (03) 9243 1938
- Closing Date: 10/01/2021
PD - Library Customer Service Officer - 1575 - December 2020.DOCX available under Document/s above
Application Guide: View Guide