Library Technician - Resources
- Job no: 492974
- Work type: Permanent Full Time
- Location: Penrith
- Categories: Library Services
- Salary: $63,945.00 to $74,019.00 p.a., plus 9.5% superannuation
About the organisation
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The City of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
About the team
The Penrith Library Service provides informational, educational and recreational, resources and services for residents and visitors through three branch libraries, a Home Library service, a Toy Library and On-line services. The library has a staff team of 60 and last year loaned out 600,000+ items. Resident surveys consistently show Penrith City Council libraries to be one of the City’s most popular services.
About the role
The purpose of this position is to contribute to an effective and efficient library service for the community of Penrith City Council through providing customer service duties at Penrith Central Library and other branch libraries as rostered. You will be required to work collaboratively within the Resources Team undertaking a variety of tasks including but not limited to coordinating with the State Library of NSW for the rotation of the multicultural collections, assisting with the promotion and the training of staff and the cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) community in the use of the library’s multicultural collections (both print and digital) and processing inter-library loan requests from library members as well as from other library services. You will also be required to assist library customers to use digital services and equipment, and participate in events and programs promoting library services. You should be someone that is able to demonstrate and promote Council Values – Show Respect, Be Accountable, Encourage Innovation. This position reports to the Library Resources Supervisor.
- Diploma of Library and Information Services [TAFE], or equivalent
- High level of interpersonal and customer service skills and experience
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills when working with external organisations and the community
- Demonstrated skills using online systems, mobile devices and applications
- Demonstrated skills using library equipment, including scanners, printers and photocopiers
- Demonstrated knowledge of RFID applications in a library environment
- Ability to work effectively in a busy team environment
- Demonstrated high levels of enthusiasm, creativity, innovation and flexibility in previous work roles
- Driver’s Licence [C class]
- Experience working in a public library
Commencing salary: $63,945.00 - $74,019.00 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation
To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position please contact Barjinder Kaur on (02) 4732 7777.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: 20 Jul 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 10 Aug 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time