Library Assistant (9248)
Division: City Life | Unit: Creative City | Section: LIBRARIES & LEARNING | Apply
Salary: AUD $36,500.00 per annum plus Superannuation
- Employment status: Permanent
- Employment arrangement: Part Time (20 hours per week)
- Location: Various, Sydney CBD
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030-2050 continuing the vision – developing a green, global and connected city.
The City of Sydney Libraries are seeking three part time library assistants with a passion for delivering library programs and a commitment to facilitating exceptional customer experience.
Our library assistants are natural problem solvers who enjoy engaging proactively with the community and have a willingness to give innovative ideas a go. We are looking for library assistants with a commitment to team collaboration and who can assist customers to navigate technology confidently.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Satisfactory pass in the Higher School Certificate or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service including a high level of ability to work effectively with the general public
- Demonstrated capacity to develop skills in a range of library services including: customer enquiries, research and technology assistance, circulation services, home delivery services, library deliveries and library administration
- Demonstrated capacity to develop skills and to support the delivery of library learning programs, including technology, collections, early years, children’s, youth, adult and outreach programs
- Be able to work a weekend day as part of your regular weekly spread of hours to support a 7-day operation e.g., three weekdays plus a weekend day.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
This role will require a Working with Children Check and Pre-employment Medical Examination.
The City of Sydney has mandated vaccination for all employees. The successful applicant will be required to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City’s website by 11.59pm, Monday 13 March 2023.
For further information contact: Sally Cambourn, Library Futures Team Leader on 0409 060 695.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and value diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We encourage all applicants, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, LGBTIQ and culturally diverse communities to join Council.
The City will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9265 9333 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email or phone).