Coordinator Library Programs
About the opportunity
If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging career where you can make a difference in your community then this is your opportunity.
Reporting to the Executive Manager Library and Family Services, in this role you will lead the delivery of library programs and events that reflect community interests, priorities, learning and growth. You will drive community engagement with our libraries, with a focus on meeting cultural and social needs. You will also develop, mentor, and motivate staff in the delivery of a range of library activities.
The position will be based primarily at Casuarina Library and predominantly works Monday to Friday. Given that the libraires are open seven days a week, you will be required to work on weekends from time to time.
What needs to be achieved:
- Coordinate the strategic management and development of library programs, services, events, and marketing to meet the recreational, cultural, information and education needs of the community, with a particular focus on the inclusion of vulnerable groups and groups that experience barriers to accessing libraries.
- Oversee the development of program plans and guidelines in accordance with policy and guidelines and "Libraries for People" City of Darwin Library Strategy 2020-2024.
- Implement actions to promote our library service as a place that embraces and tells the stories of Darwin's cultural diversity, including recognising and celebrating Aboriginal stories and history that relate to Larrakia people.
- Lead and manage a diverse team to develop contemporary library services that deliver engaging programs and services.
- Plan, develop and implement programs which contribute reading, information and digital literacy skills development of staff and the community.
- Work professionally, cooperatively and respectfully with other team members to accomplish joint tasks and build positive working relationships
Who are we looking for?
You are a highly motivated library professional with a passion for serving the community. You will have previous experience in delivering community-based library services and programs and enjoy working with a diverse range of stakeholders to achieve outcomes together. You are a natural born leader who leads by example and loves leading and mentoring team members.
In addition to the above, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Services or similar qualification.
- A minimum of five years' experience managing public library programs or equivalent experience in a related field.
- NT Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card).
- Class C Drivers Licence.
- The ability to obtain a successful Police Records Check.
Why join us?
At City of Darwin, we're passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. You will align with and flourish in a lively environment that focuses on strategic outcomes and embraces collaboration and innovation. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and generous leave entitlements. This position has a commencing base salary of $111,035 + super per annum.
And most of all, you'll know that you're helping members of your community with services that will greatly enhance their quality of life when it has never been more valuable.
For any further details in relation to this postion, please refer to the Position Description or contact Lynette Loone on (08) 89300210.
The vacancy closes at 5 pm Monday 12 September 2022.
Don't delay. Make a difference. Apply now.
The City of Darwin is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply.
As part of Council's recruitment process, applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.