Library Programs Officer
This is a full time 12 month contract position, part time job share may be considered.
Connecting people to deliver services to our community.
At the City of PAE, we work Better Together to deliver meaningful outcomes, we Grow & Improve our work every day, to ensure we Make a Difference for our community. Our organisational values underpin our constructive culture. We are supportive, we take on challenges, seize opportunities, build great relationships and we are proud of what we deliver for our community. We are connected!
The City of PAE is committed to ensuring our employees represent the diversity of the community we serve. Diversity at the City of PAE means a workplace where individuals are recognised, respected, and engaged in ways that develop and harness everyone’s strengths.
We provide excellent working conditions with job security, flexible working arrangements and support for professional development.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available in our Community Learning Team in the Library Service.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Provide welcoming, knowledgeable customer service which supports the community’s access to Library services such as information and resources, technology, programs and spaces.
- Assist in the preparation of, and delivery of, high-quality literacy-based programs and activities with a focus on Children and Youth, however able to work across all ages and demographics.
- Contribute to the day-to-day operations of the Library service, including branch upkeep, Collections maintenance and ensuring a high standard of presentation is achieved.
- Will be required to work some out of hours, evenings and weekends to support the operational requirements of the library.
- May work across all City of PAE Library sites and outreach locations, as required.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience in Customer Service in a public library setting is desirable.
- Experience in the delivery of programs or working with children is desirable.
- A Diploma in Library & Information Management (Library Technician) is desirable.
- Current WWCC & Vulnerable Person Related Clearance (or willing to obtain).
This is a Level 2 position which has a current salary range of $72,833 - $78,895 (plus Super).
More information can be found in the Position Description located below.
Confidential enquiries regarding both positions can be directed to Benita Parsons on (08) 8405 6034.
To apply, simply complete the application process by clicking the ‘Apply’ button and attach your cover letter and resume.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 4 September | APPLY
The City of PAE values diversity and inclusion and we encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, women, people living with disability, young people, LGBTIQ+ people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to providing an accessible and inclusive workplace. We welcome a discussion around any workplace adjustments you may require.
#bettertogether #growandimprove #makeadifference