Library Reader Services Team Leader
Library Reader Services Team Leader
Full Time | Apply now
Job no: 494480
Categories: Government and Defence
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Salary from $91,923.70 + Superannuation
- Based at our Clayton Library with the opportunity to visit other sites
Monash is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. Located in the eastern region, Monash is a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city, close to the demographic centre of Melbourne.
The library service sits within the Arts & Libraries department of the Community Services division. There are 5 main branches based in Clayton, Glen Waverley, Mount Waverley, Oakleigh and Wheelers Hill and Mulgrave Neighbourhood Library in situated within Wellington Road Community Centre
About the Position:
The Library Reader Services Team Leader is responsible for leading the development and delivery of a suite of innovative and contemporary library and outreach programs in reader services to the Monash community.
The Library Reader Services Team Leader is also responsible for ensuring and maintaining a high standard of service delivery to Library Service customers within library and outreach service points through the effective leadership of staff and daily management of the operations.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, facilitation and delivery of strategic, creative and innovative library programs
- Proven experience in developing and delivering a range of author talks and literary festivals
- Proven experience in developing and delivering book clubs, home library service and other reader development initiatives
- Demonstrated successful people and team management skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and complete work to a high standard, within set timelines and with competing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in reporting and program planning, including well-developed presentation skills
Requirement of the position:
A tertiary degree qualification in Librarianship, Information Management or related discipline, or management qualification is mandatory or diploma qualification with several years’ relevant experience
- Employee Working with Children’s Check (if applicable)
- Satisfactory National Police Check; and
- Other pre-employment checks may be required depending on the role requirements.
As a City of Monash employee, your personal and professional development is a key focus. You will have access to:
- Vibrant health and well-being programs;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Supportive and accessible management;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Training and development opportunities; and
- Discounted gym memberships.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your experience and how it relates to the role.
Applications are currently open, with a closing date of Sunday 14th May 2023 at 11:55pm.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Helen Carey on 0411 481 482 or at email@example.com
Monash Council is committed to be a flexible, safe, equal and inclusive workplace where we embrace and support diversity.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people who are from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people of any age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation and cultural background. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also committed to being a Child Safe organisation and have zero tolerance to child abuse.
Download: Position Description
Advertised: 02 May 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 14 May 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time