Coordinator Library and Arts Activation
- Melton, Australia
- Reference: 5249771
Full Time Permanent Position
Salary Range $94,283 - $105,385 pa + 9.5% Super + RDO
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs. Our community is vibrant and diverse and one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state of the art, excellent amenity, health and wellbeing and to support our community to be a lifelong learning city. We invest in innovation and our people's professional and personal development. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and a collaborative and inclusive culture. You'll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne's fastest growing municipalities.
Melton City Council acknowledges the fundamental role that Libraries and Arts play in the making of vibrant, culturally rich communities. Reporting to the Manager Libraries and Arts, this role is key to delivering priority areas for community engagement with library services and creative and cultural experiences as envisioned in Creative Melton 2030. These include
- Equitable and local access to library services and cultural experiences
- A community connected through literacy, learning and creativity
- Services and programs that reflect the needs and aspirations of our diverse community
- A rich cultural fabric that evolves as our City develops.
As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Coordinator Library and Arts Activation provides leadership to library teams responsible for programs and partnerships, digital access and engagement, as well as Council's arts engagement and development team. The successful candidate will lead a strategic and evidence based approach to activating library and arts services for the City of Melton, including key stakeholder partnerships in alignment with key council plans.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- A tertiary qualification acceptable for professional membership (librarian) of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA), or relevant degree in community development or education, together with experience in developing public programs in a cultural institution.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to apply community development principles to library and arts programs and partnerships.
- Experience in leading, developing and motivating teams to deliver improvements to services and enhanced community outcomes.
- Well-developed skills in delivering online library services and engagement, including experience in marketing and promotion.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with and gaining cooperation of a range of stakeholders, organisations and the community to foster partnerships that deliver successful outcomes.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: "a thriving community where everyone belongs" and that means there's a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we'd love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant Melton. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity.recruitmenthub.com.au/Staff-Benefits/
How to apply
For further information about the position, please contact Susie Prestney, Manager Libraries and Arts on (03) 9747 5218.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 30 October 2020.
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
At Melton City Council we care for our people, we're committed to the professional growth of our employees and support balance and flexibility. If you want to work with talented, passionate people and build a thriving and vibrant community, we encourage you to apply. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Applications Close: 30 Oct 2020