Manager, Community, Culture and Libraries
Job No: 135771 | Location: Moree
- Exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly organised professional to work in a varied role!
- Join a supportive Local Council recognised as an 'Employer of Choice'
- Total salary package value circa $103,000 inclusive of 9.5% super PLUS additional benefits including salary sacrificing options, relocation assistance up to $5,000 (available for discussion), a lease back vehicle valued at $10,000, uniform allowance and regular RDOs every 3 weeks!
About the Opportunity
Moree Plains Shire Council now has a newly created opportunity for a Manager of Community, Culture and Libraries to join their Community Library team in Moree, Northern NSW, approximately 1.5 hours drive from the Queensland border. Some occasional travel to other libraries will be included.
Reporting to the Director of Planning and Community Development, you will primarily be responsible for contributing to the organisation's goals by providing leadership, strategic direction, budget oversight, planning and mentoring to the functional areas of; community development, The Dhiiyaan Centre (Aboriginal Culture and History Centre), Big Sky Libraries (Regional Library Co-operative) and the Moree Plains Community Libraries.
This is a permanent, full-time position working 35 hours per week, 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
More specifically, your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Providing strong leadership to the team leaders of each functional area to achieve the strategic outcomes for each area;
- Taking responsibility for the development and monitoring of budgets across the functional areas, including operational and grant or project funding;
- Ensuring that the role of electronic systems is effective and efficient to meet the evolving needs of the functional areas by collaborating with team leaders; and
- Planing, developing and monitoring the implementation of marketing strategies and activities in conjunction with the communications section of the Moree Plains Shire Council and library network staff.
To read the full position description, click here.
To be considered for this role you will have Tertiary level qualifications at degree level in Social Sciences, Library or Community Services along with a significant level of demonstrated experience managing relevant services (e.g., Libraries).
You will need to be an enthusiastic and highly organised worker with fantastic negotiation and communication skills, rendering you with the ability to provide strong leadership and mentor other team members and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders. In order to effectively coach and mentor other team members it is important that you have prior supervisory experience and effective team building skills. You will be required to deal with controversial issues and have the ability to adapt and maintain flexibility in an environment of continuous change and innovation.
As you will be heavily involved in working with a variety of stakeholders throughout the community, it is vital that you possess experience working with Aboriginal and rural communities in conjunction with a comprehensive understanding of such communities. A vital part of your role will be doing your part to make the community a better place.
In addition to the essential requirements listed above, there are a number of desirable requirements which would be ideal for the successful candidate to possess. Being in possession of additional qualifications in Business, Administration or a similar related field would be highly regarded. It is also important to note that experience working in a cooperative library environment in conjunction with a knowledge and understanding of electronic Library Management Systems will be an added advantage.
Please note: You will be required to obtain a valid class 'C' Australian driver's licence with the ability to drive a manual vehicle and a current NSW Working with Children Check prior to commencing employment.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, the successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive salary package valued circa $103,000, negotiable based on your qualifications and experience.
This package comprises of an outstanding range of benefits, including:
- 9.5% superannuation;
- A rostered day off every 3 weeks;
- Salary sacrificing options;
- Relocation assistance up to $5,000;
- Full private use of a lease back vehicle valued at $10,000; and
- a uniform allowance.
You will also benefit from tremendous professional development opportunities working and learning from the Director of Planning and Community Engagement!
About the Organisation
Moree Plains Shire Council’s mission is to lead the way in fostering a healthy, positive and well-resourced community. Council is recognised as an Employer Of Choice and is committed to providing employees with a happy and healthy working life experience in order to foster a productive workforce.
Ideally nestled on the New South Wales and Queensland border, Moree is a town rich in culture, heritage, agriculture and natural assets with each component intertwining to define the characteristics of both the town and the community. With an old-world ambience, it offers a fantastic family-friendly lifestyle, affordable housing and plenty of infrastructure including cafes, restaurants, art galleries and more.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to take your career to the next level - Apply Now!