Library Customer Service Officer
Footscray, Australia | Reference: 5306330
- Permanent full-time
- Band 4 ($67,299 to $71,467) plus 9.5% super plus monthly ADO
- Braybrook Library
Maribyrnong City Council is undergoing significant change in population growth, redevelopment, and a transitioning economy is leading to an influx of new residents, businesses and opportunities. Maribyrnong is becoming a sought after residential area and a destination for foodies.
The Maribyrnong Library Service is committed to providing high-quality library services to meet the diverse needs of the community we serve. We actively encourage inquiry, exploration and discovery. We empower our community by supporting lifelong learning and literacy and celebrating language and culture.
As a Customer Service Officer based at the Braybrook Library, you will join the Library Team who is committed to delivering an efficient and effective library and information service to meet the library needs of the Maribyrnong community.
Reporting to the Braybrook and Customer Experience Team Leader this is a permanent full-time, 35 hours per week position and the incumbent will be required to work rostered evening and weekend shifts.
- Provide excellent customer service within a library environment
- Provide effective day to day administration of operational branch library requirements
- Support the delivery of library services and programs
- Contribute to the library spaces being vibrant, inclusive and welcoming spaces for all community members
To be considered for this role, you will possess:
- A tertiary qualification which confers eligibility for Membership of Australian Library & Information Association or relevant tertiary qualification is desirable
- Experience in the delivery of high-quality library programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills particularly with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated digital literacy skills
This position also requires:
- A Victorian drivers licence
- A current Working with Children Check Card
- A pre-employment medical assessment and no relevant criminal record found in a police check
This position is perfect for an enthusiastic and tech-savvy customer service superstar. So, if you are looking for a role where you can make a difference and you enjoy working in a diverse community-focused environment, Apply Now!
To express your interest in this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and outlining your relevant experience in support of your application by the close date.
We are a child-safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to child safety and supporting the best interests of children in all our operations. Council encourages young people, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Enquiries: Kerry Whelan, Braybrook and Customer Experience Team Leader (03) 9188 5851.
Applications Close: 23 Dec 2020