Supervisor Branch Library
Job No: CEN2594 | Location: Central Coast NSW
"YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE"
Primary Work Location: Lake Haven NSW
- Excellent professional opportunity for an experienced library supervisor
- Embed a love of lifelong learning in the community
- Live and work on the beautiful Central Coast of NSW
- Permanent full time position 140 hours over 4 weeks including 1 Saturday each month
The health and well being of our employees and our community is of utmost importance to us. Please note that during the current COVID-19 situation the successful candidate may be required to work from home where appropriate instead of from the primary office location.
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
Central Coast Council is committed to making the Central Coast a place of continual learning for all ages, from our Child Care Centres to our Libraries and through our Community Education programs. Our Central Coast Council Libraries connect with each other, as well as with the community, to provide a variety of innovative programs and deliver the highest quality services.
Reporting to the Team Leader Library Branches, this important supervisory role looks after a professional branch library team ensuring the programs and services offered are innovative, relevant, financially viable and well utilised by the local community.
What would a day in this role look like:
- Spend time coaching and building capacity in your team, providing support and development opportunities to drive a positive and service focused team culture;
- Review our collection or identify opportunities for fresh and innovative programs to drive community engagement and ensure our programs are meeting community needs;
- Focus on continuous improvement and best practice, participate in reviewing our policies, and develop new processes and procedures to support any policy changes;
- Ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Branch Library within allocated budget and resources.
- Ideally Degree qualified in Management and/or Library and Information Science, your background in similar roles includes library operations, budget management, and managing teams in a high volume customer service environment, where results count;
- Your positive, inclusive, and performance based leadership style ensures you get the best from your team;
- You are an innovative and strategic thinker who enjoys sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others;
- Having a work/life balance is important to you.
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community;
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development;
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation.
Please refer to the Position Description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a salary range of between $77.7k to $93.3k per annum + 10% superannuation.
Please note: Due to the current COVID-19 situation interviews will now be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
Enquiries: Nicole Barr, Team Leader Library Branches on 0417 091 398.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Sunday 15 August 2021.
To download our Privacy Statement click here.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in the position.
For more information on applying for a role with Central Coast Council please click on the following link: https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/council/about-council/careers-and-volunteering/applying-position
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process.
Don't have access to a computer or electronic device? Applications can be lodged at any of Council's 11 Library locations. Pre-book a free 1 hour computer time-slot by contacting your nearest library https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/libraries/our-branches or ask at the Library enquiry counter.
Please note that you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however you will need to complete your application without leaving the system as your application will not be saved.
** It is recommended that you review the questions and prepare your responses in a Word document or similar before commencing your on-line application. Your responses will not be saved if you encounter any problems submitting your application.
** We recommend that you use Google Chrome for best System performance.
To lodge your application, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Answer the on-line questions shown below. Please ensure that you provide as much detail as possible in response to the questions asked.
Step 2: Attach your Resume
Step 3: Attach your qualifications and licences
Once your application is successfully lodged you will receive an automated response sent to your e-mail address. If a response is not received this means that your application has not been successfully submitted and you will need to lodge another application.
IMPORTANT: If you require assistance to lodge your application please contact our Talent Acquisition team by emailing email@example.com or phone 0409 601 161 to discuss what reasonable adjustments you may need.
Applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted by phone or e-mail. Please be advised, in order to ensure you receive all email communications from Central Coast Council, please whitelist 'firstname.lastname@example.org' in your preferred email client. For Further instructions please click here.