Senior Librarian/Shift Leader - Outreach Services
Lane Cove, Australia
- Sign-On Bonus
- Permanent Part-time (21 hrs per week)
- Interesting and varied part-time role
- Great team
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an innovative Council seeking to make a positive difference in the community you support? We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced Librarian to join our team.
Located on the lower North Shore, our leafy suburbs have a vibrant and diverse village atmosphere. We aim to provide "best value" services and facilities to the community whilst ensuring a sustainable future.
If you are open to fresh ideas, committed to progressing new initiatives and driven to provide the very best service to our community, we want to hear from you.
About the Role
You will be responsible for supervising the Library during rostered shifts, managing the Home Library Service, Large Print collection management and co-ordinating the Library volunteer program.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor Degree or Graduate Diploma in Librarianship/Information Science or equivalent, providing eligibility for Associate membership of ALIA;
- A current C Class Driver's Licence;
- A current Police Check;
- A current "Paid Worker - Working with Children Check" clearance (NSW); and
- Current year influenza vaccination.
What we Offer
- Varied lifestyle benefits programs including:
- an employee wellness program and discounted gym memberships
- Annual performance bonuses and salary review
- Extensive career development and training opportunities
- The convenience of being close to shops, cafes, an aquatic centre and a gym.
Click on the apply now button to be directed to our careers site where you can read the Position Description for the role and address the selection criteria in your online application.
For further information about the role, please contact Lane Cove Library on (02) 9911 3634.
Salary range - From $1,560.70 to $1,716.80 per week (pro rata) + superannuation, (dependent on the skills, qualifications and relevant experience of the suitable candidate). In light of the current economic climate and increased cost of living pressures, Council is offering a $1,000 sign on bonus (pro-rata for part-time roles) to successful candidates.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE WEDNESDAY 1 FEBRUARY 2023 at 10PM
Lane Cove Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides a smoke free workplace.
This position requires applicants to be suitably immunised. As part of our pre-employment process, preferred candidates are required to provide proof of COVID 19 vaccination status.
Applications Close: 01 Feb 2023