Library Systems Innovation and Technology Officer
- Full Time Fixed Term position for 12 months
- Band 5 $71,70.98 - $82,800.15
- Temporary Full Time Band 5 - $71,700.98 to $82,800.15 per annum +Super
- Based at Parkdale Library Operations Team offices but working across all branches as required
Kingston Council’s collective focus is on delivering exceptional service that achieves our vision and meets community expectations.
A diverse, dynamic community where we all share a sustainable, safe, attractive environment and a thriving economy. The City of Kingston is south-east of Melbourne and is approximately 20km from Melbourne's CBD. We employ over 1,450 people in a diverse range of roles including engineering, customer service, administration, finance, family, youth and children's services, sport and recreation, health, parks and gardens, planning, arts and management.
The Library Systems Innovation and Tech Officer role is responsible for providing and managing technology and training for the staff and the library services to the community that aligns with the adopted Library Strategy vision of “Living breathing community destinations where the people of Kingston can read, connect, grow and just be”.
In the next 10 years Kingston Libraries aim to deliver expectational customer service experiences. Kingston Libraries will focus on the following four strategic priorities:
- State of the art buildings
- Contemporary service models
- Customer reach and activation
- Community engagement and partnership
We are seeking a Library Systems Innovation and Technology Officer Information Specialist -Systems Support to join the Kingston Libraries team. Reporting to the Collections and IT Team Leader Kristina Purcell, your role is to:
- Investigate, evaluate and deliver improvements to Kingston Libraries technology, systems, processes, programming and services.
- Driving and communicating change through collaboration and innovation you will ensure that library technology services are responsive and accessible, taking the library beyond its physical confines.
- Train staff to up skill and community on new technology.
- Manage the libraries websites and socials and the ensure the successful launch of a new Library Website
- Have a passion and knowledge for technology to support library staff in offering an Exceptional Customer Service Experience – One that is accessible, supportive and educational
- Use Library information skills to contribute to the provision of innovative and customer focussed IT & web services for the library including social media presence.
- Undertake rostered customer service desk shifts including weekend and evenings, performing a range of tasks that support customers
You will have:
- Ability to demonstrate the City of Kingston’s values of Future Orientated, Accountable, Dynamic, Expert, Community and Celebration
- Demonstrated IT knowledge and experience to support staff in a public Library/and or customer Service environment and ability to explain and document in layman’s terms
- Train the trainer experience
- Demonstrated experience with web publishing/social media and an understanding of the requirements of writing for the web
- A keen interest and curiosity for new technologies and their applications in libraries.
- Tertiary qualifications in Libraries and or relevant Information Technology systems, and web design are highly regarded.
What we can offer
This is a full-time fixed term 12 month position March 2021 – March 2022.
As an employee of the City of Kingston you will be part of an inclusive culture and have access to ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to promote a positive work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, discounted gym membership, social club events, paid parental leave, salary packaging, study/development assistance, employee assistance program (EAP) and discounted health insurance. Full time employees also have access to a planned day off every four weeks.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, abilities and attitude to take on this position click on the Apply button to submit your application. If you require further information after reviewing the position description available to download below, please contact Kristina Purcell, Collections & IT Team Leader on 1300 135 668 or email@example.com
Kingston values diversity and is committed to creating a workplace where all employees can be their true self every day. We are a child safe and n equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.