Library Assistant - Collection Services (Aboriginal)
Salary: $51,017- $57,350 p.a. plus 9.5% Superannuation
Permanent, Full Time
Aboriginal identified position
Shoalhaven City Council is a dynamic organisation serving a large and diverse community; limitless opportunity exists for an exciting and rewarding career. The Shoalhaven is located just 2 hours from Sydney and 2.5 hours from Canberra. The Shoalhaven is home to 104,000 people and comprises of 49 unique towns and villages. It is a place of great natural beauty and offers an enviable lifestyle and positive work-life balance.
About the role
This is a designated Aboriginal position as authorised by Shoalhaven City Council’s EEO Management Plan and Aboriginal Employment Strategy in accordance with Part 9A of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
This permanent, full time position is based on a 35 hour per week, Monday to Sunday (8am-9pm). Flexibility may be required to work outside these hours according to operational needs.
Reporting directly to the Collection and Resources Manager, the focus of this position is to:
- Work as part of the Collection Services team assisting with ordering, accessioning, processing and repairing of library stock for the South Coast Co-Operative Library Service.
- To promote library events and services to the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community through but not limited to school and community visits, technology access, library tours and cultural awareness expos such as NAIDOC week.
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/ possess:
- Higher School Certificate or equivalent
- Class C Driver’s Licence
- Current NSW Working with Children’s Check
- Confident in using technology
- Customer service skills
- This position is a designated Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander position – validated proof of aboriginality must be sighted / provided.
- Demonstrated strong connection to the Aboriginal communities within the Shoalhaven Local Government Area
This position requires a current NSW Working with Children Check. Applicants are required to apply and pay for this check if not already obtained.
We are committed to creating a positive culture and strong team environment, and offer a range of benefits:
- Generous Leave Entitlements
- Long Service Leave After 5 Years
- 9 Day Fortnight for Outdoor Staff
- Flexitime for Indoor Staff
- Fitness Passport
- Novated Lease Arrangements
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Training and Development Programs
How to Apply
You will be required to upload your resume and a brief cover letter which should address the selection criteria as outlined in the job description.
During the application you will also be required to respond to position related questions as shown below and questions regarding general information about you.
- At Shoalhaven City Council our corporate core values are: Collaboration, Adaptability, Integrity and Respect. Please choose one value and advise how you have enacted this value in a professional setting.
- What interests you in this position?
- What experience do you have in working with computer systems?
- Please list the relevant experience you hold in promoting events and services to the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Community
- What is your experience in working as part of a team?
Contact: Nicole Lonesborough – Collection and Resources Manager (02) 4429 3714
Applications Close: Friday, 20 November 2020 (at Midnight)