- Reference Number: S100-21-1916
- Closing Date: 26-04-2021
- Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
- Salary from $28.80 per hour + Super
- Weekend penalty rates
- Flexi-time + Generous leave provisions
Our Library Service team are looking for energetic, passionate, customer-focussed individuals to join our team at Campbelltown City Council.
We are not your usual. We are upbeat, resourceful and determined. Our staff and community are at the core of what we do, looking for ways to work together and support each other. Naturally welcoming, we share good-natured humour and positivity. We aim to inspire a sense of possibility and create opportunities for all by rolling up our sleeves. Our workplace is agile and flexible, keeping ahead of the times. Be a part of it, let’s get something started.
The Community Learning and Library Services Team focuses on delivering innovative and responsive services to our community. The team has shared values that are absolutely vital to our success, these values define who we are and how we operate. The purpose of the team is to be a great service where internal and external customers feel valued and appreciated and where our staff really care about their community and want to make a difference.
Library assistants play a pivotal role in the delivery of services and programs to the community. If you are passionate about customer service and team work and enjoy a busy and varied environment, we would like to hear from you.
About the role:
Our Library Assistants are core to our service working face to face with our customers and are passionate about giving back to the community. The roles will form a new weekend Team and work Saturday, Sunday and an agreed day throughout the week.
- 2 x Library Assistants Part-time 19 hours per week, including weekends
- 1 x Library Assistant Part-time 21 hours per week, including weekends
- 1 x Library Assistant 35 hours temporary (up to 12 months), including weekends
- You will have exceptional customer service skills and enthusiasm to help our diverse range of library users, from finding information and resources to helping with technology.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, communicating with a wide range of customers from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Have an aptitude and curiosity for new technology and enthusiasm for problem solving.
- Are able to support library users with a range of digital devices, online resources, services and equipment.
- Have a commitment to role modelling our values of: Trust, Respect, Integrity, Optimism and Teamwork.
As a member of our friendly and passionate team, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Salary from $28.80 per hour + 9.5% superannuation
- Weekend penalty rates
- Generous leave provisions
- Generous professional development opportunities
- Weekly pay
- Staff car park
Key contact: For further information on this position, please contact Jennifer Rosevear, Coordinator Library Network on (02) 4645 4549.
Applications close: Monday 26th April 2021
Sound like you? Apply now!
Campbelltown City Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values the unique contributions of all people. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Council also recognises the skills and attributes of veterans and welcomes applications from ex-service personnel.
Note: Candidates using mobile devices are strongly advised to use a desktop computer to complete the application forms as they require extensive amounts of typing.