Digital Services Librarian
Use your creative flare to implement innovative library programs designed to engage the community and encourage lifelong learning - APPLY NOW!
- Permanent full-time opportunity at Logan North Library
- $64k – 88k/year + Super (Stream A, Level 2-5)
- Ongoing development opportunities
About the role
We are a highly customer focused team who are passionate about the role our public libraries play in the community. We support a Council network of nine branch libraries by providing exceptional customer service to all our library customers. We truly love to include and welcome the unique contributions from all our people. We harness a team culture that embraces mutual respect, shared goals, and a willingness to help.
As Digital Services Librarian you will assist the Regional Librarian in the effective operation of the Library. The functions of this position include the development and implementation of innovative library programs designed to engage the community and encourage lifelong learning, the delivery of exceptional customer service, providing supervisory support of the branch library team, and facilitation of key library services including daily operations, information services, event delivery, literacy, reader's advisory and digital literacy services.
Elements of the role include:
- Assisting the Regional Librarian in the efficient and effective operation of the branch library.
- Developing and implementing innovative library programs designed to engage the community and
- encourage learning through discovery and play.
- Providing exceptional customer service in a changing environment.
- Providing supervisory support of the branch library team.
- Sure, we are looking for an experienced, competent, and qualified Librarian, but you will also be a pro- active thinker with well-developed interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude who keeps the community at the heart of all they do.
- However, more important than experience, we are looking for someone with the following characteristics:
- You are known as an inspiring, inclusive leader who thinks 'we' before 'me'
- You are customer focused and passionate about the public libraries' role in the community.
- You put the community at the forefront of your decisions.
- You care about your industry, you care about your people, and you especially care about their health, safety, and wellbeing.
- Minimum qualifications of a Degree or Graduate Diploma in Library Science and eligibility for
- Associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association; and an appropriate
- level of expertise and experience to undertake the range of responsibilities assigned.
- Ability to satisfactorily pass all pre-employment and background checks.
- ‘C’ class drivers’ licence
For more detailed information on the requirements of the role, please refer to the position description (attached under Document\s above)
Who we are
We’re a contemporary local government organisation entering an exciting new phase. We’re moving forward with purpose and fresh energy, with a focus on delivering exceptional services and value for money – with heart. We care about the community we serve and we care about each other. When you work with us, we want you to feel valued, and to understand your role and how your work contributes to the bigger picture.
The community we serve
The City of Logan is a proud, grassroots community, filled with mavericks, makers, and innovators. Here, neighbourly love is strong; environmental and business values run deep; and culture, heritage and diversity is our DNA.
What we offer
- Full-time hours worked over a 9-day (72.5hr) fortnight - that's an extra 22 days off each year!
- Stream A, Level 2-5starting from $64k - $88k/year plus superannuation
- Generous 12% superannuation contribution, after 12 months of service (permanent staff only)
- Supportive culture that promotes a healthy work/ life balance
- Fitness Passport Program
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Salary Packaging options
- Employee assistance program
- Free onsite parking
- On-Site coffee shop (located at the City Administration Centre in Logan Central)
- Active social club
If you’d like some more information about the role contact our hiring manager, Shelly Lausberg – Library Client Services Program Leader an email firstname.lastname@example.org
To express your interest in this role, please click ‘APPLY’ and submit your Resume and Cover Letter outlining your relevant skills and experience in support of your application by the closing date of Sunday 11th February 2024.
Thank you for considering joining the Logan City Council. We cannot wait to learn more about you! If you want to learn more about us visit: LinkedIn, Logan City Council Careers