General Manager, Customer Experience- Band 8
$122,373 – $136,344 per year
About the business and the role
- Flexible working arrangements
- Motor vehicle allowance
- Monthly RDO
- Annual Leave Loading
- Inclusive and dynamic team culture
We have an exciting opportunity for an applicant with the right skills and experience for a key leadership role with Connected Libraries (CL).
We are looking for an exceptional leader to join the CL Executive Team as the General Manager, Customer Experience, reporting directly to the CEO.
Your skills and experience will include a deep understanding and knowledge of Public Libraries and their services, strategic planning and development, continuous improvement, customer experience, change management, executive leadership and demonstrated knowledge of our local communities.
The GMCE is responsible for front-facing service delivery, collections, programs, outreach services and marketing.
Connected Libraries is known for innovation and the delivery of exceptional library services. We are funded principally by City of Casey and the State Government. We support a rapidly growing and diverse community of more than 392,000 people.
Our branch libraries are located at Cranbourne, Doveton, Endeavour Hills, Hampton Park, and Bunjil Place in Narre Warren.
We also have a Library Lounge at Cranbourne West Community Hub. Library Lockers (click and collect and returns services) are located at Cranbourne West, Manna Gum Family and Community Centre, and Orana Community Place.
Our organisation has well-articulated values, and this drives the way we show up, work with each other, and serve our community. If you think you have the right experience and skill set, and our values align with yours, join Connected Libraries to make a real difference in the Casey community.
Key Selection Criteria
- Understanding and commitment to Connected Libraries Vision, Values and Objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and understanding of procurement and public library collections
- Experience and understanding of library programs and services for children and adults
- Developed skills in marketing and promotion
- Demonstrated knowledge of local communities, their needs and future planning
- Ability to provide positive leadership in a high intensity and complex work environment
- Proven ability to build and lead high performance teams
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships and collaborative partnerships
- Degree or Post Graduate qualification
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver projects on time and within budget
- Local Government and/or public library experience is essential
- Working With Children Check – mandatory requirement (Child Safe Standards 2017)
- Drivers licence
Applicants can view the Position Description here.
Please email covering letter addressing the selection criteria listed above plus resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Thursday 22nd February 2024 at 5pm. Don’t miss out, get your application in today!
Contact: Beth Luppino, Chief Executive Officer, 0439 814 787 for further information.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role.