Library Branch Officer
About the position
The Muswellbrook Branch Officer will assist in the day-to-day operations of Muswellbrook and/or Denman Branches. To assist in the provision and promotion of quality customer focused programming and services.
Muswellbrook Shire is one of NSW’s most dynamic local government areas. For over four decades it has been at the heart of the State’s energy industry; with two of NSW’s base load power generators located in the Shire, Bayswater and Liddell. Muswellbrook Shire’s coal industry exports 25% of NSW’s thermal coal, it is the home of the two largest thoroughbred horse studs in the southern hemisphere, it produces a large volume of the Hunters viticulture and is home to the largest dairy industry in the Hunter.
Muswellbrook Shire Council is a vibrant workplace with a commitment to excellence in all facets of its operations, and is committed to employee welfare and development.
To be successful in this role you must possess:
- Current Working with Children Check
- Certificate III in Library Studies or equivalent experience
- Current NSW Class C Drivers License
- Demonstrated experience and/or capability to deliver the Job Specific Key Accountabilities (listed in attached position description).
- Demonstrated Fundamental key capabilities as defined in the Key Capabilities Table (listed in attached position description).
- This is a Casual Role, with an hourly rate from $37.0932 to $40.0264 per hour (including casual loading & depending on qualifications, skills and experience)
- plus 9.5% superannuation
Further Information and to Apply
For more information on this position, please refer to the attached Position Description, Council’s Careers website, or contact Lauren Allan, Acting Library Coordinator on 02 6549 3887.
- Complete the application form below, including providing responses to the mandatory questions required. Unfortunately, an unfinished application can’t be retrieved to finish at a later date. Please keep your responses concise.
- Attach your Resume and a covering letter where indicated.
- Click ‘Apply’.
- You will receive an email confirming your application has been submitted.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application.
Applications close on 24 January 2021.