Library Systems Support Officer
Reference Number: S100-22-841 | Closing Date: 04-09-2022 | Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- $76,397.06 to $94,808.07 plus superannuation
- Permanent full time position with a rostered day off (RDO) every three weeks
- Located at Double Bay Library, short walk from Edgecliff train stations
About the role
Woollahra Council has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Support Officer to join our Woollahra Libraries team on a permanent full-time basis.
As the Library Systems Support Officer, you will work closely with the Library Systems Support Specialist to provide IT support and training for the staff and customers, troubleshoot library technology, liaise with system suppliers and Council Information Technology staff, prepare statistics as required and assist in implementation of new technology according to the Library Technology Plan and Woollahra Libraries Strategic Plan.
In addition, you will actively participate in the library customer service floor shift roster and work on the library floor to assist library customers with general request and deliver exceptional customer service.
We are looking for a self-motivated and innovative professional with exceptional IT skills and problem solving skills who is enthusiastic about to providing excellent customer service to the community. You will be a high achiever with:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or demonstrated relevant equivalent professional experience and training.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting a Library Management System and related technologies in public access environments or equivalent.
- Knowledge and skills in data extraction, manipulation and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting PC hardware, software, tablets and other technology.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to review work processes and systems.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver training to staff and customers in the use of technology.
- An enthusiastic and engaging approach to providing excellent customer service.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work as both a team member and independently.
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous self-improvement as well as a positive approach to change, flexibility and adaptability in the work environment.
- Current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain.
- Current C drivers licence.
- Experience in public libraries and /or experience in supporting a Library Management System and library related technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of reporting software e.g. Crystal Reports.
- Working knowledge of current and innovative technology trends that can be applied to a library environment.
What’s in it for you?
We promote equal access to opportunities within the organisation and we pride ourselves on creating a safe and engaging working environment.
We are dedicated to looking after our staff, because if we look after our people, we will be better placed to look after our community.
Eligible staff will be entitled to some of the following benefits:
- Three weekly RDO
- Subsidised gym membership through Fitness Passport with access to 810+ fitness facilities
- Generous personal leave provisions (E.g. Long Service Leave after 5 years’ of continuous service, Parental Leave, Health & Wellbeing Days, Study Leave)
- High quality training and development opportunities
How to apply
- Apply online by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Olga Avramenko - Systems and Business Team Leader on 02 9391 7930 during business hours.
CLOSING DATE: 11:59pm on Sunday, 04 September 2022
Woollahra Council is committed to responding to its responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 in undertaking all measures that are reasonably practical to ensure the health and safety of all our workers. As of 1st December 2021, new employees must be fully vaccinated (minimum two doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence seven days prior to commencement.
Should an applicant indicate that they wish to seek an exemption on medical or other grounds, they will need to provide evidence of their circumstances such as an accepted certified medical contraindication.
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to reconciliation and strongly encourage all applicants, including, but not limited to, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, young people, mature aged workers, LGBTIQ and other minority groups to apply.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.