Reference Number: S100-22-798
Closing Date: 08-05-2022
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time (Traineeship)
- Salary up to $46,995.66 p.a. plus superannuation
- 12 month contract, 35 hours per week with an RDO every 3 weeks
- Based in the heart of Double Bay - central to public buses and Edgecliff Train Station
About the role
Are you looking to kick start your career in Library Services? Do you want to earn while you learn?
Woollahra Council is seeking to employ an enthusiastic Library Trainee to join our Library department to undertake a fixed term 12 month traineeship on a permanent full-time basis.
In this entry-level role, as a Library Trainee, you will have the guidance and support from an experienced team and learn about all areas of Library Services. Your duties will range from general library customer service, carrying out loan and return transactions, assisting in the day-to-day operation of the library and participating in cross-team projects. You will have the support of a friendly and experienced team at our great library locations.
You will be a self-motivated individual that thrives in a team environment, is committed to providing a high level of customer service and is passionate about libraries.
You must have already completed a School Certificate or HSC, but be unqualified in Library and Information Services or a related field (must not have previously completed a university degree or TAFE qualification in Library and Information Services).
You will also demonstrate good time management skills and be willing to work full time whilst undertaking the Certificate III or Certificate IV in Information and Library Services.
- Has not previously completed a qualification in Library and Information Services or related field.
- Eligible to enroll in a Certificate III or IV in Library and Information Services under Smart & Skilled Training. For more information click here.
- Strong willingness to learn and the ability to successfully complete a Certificate III or IV in Library and Information Services over a period of 12 months.
- Enthusiastic and personable approach to providing excellent customer service.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills and competency in MS office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Proven ability to follow instructions and contribute to fulfilling the operational workload of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake the physical requirements of the position as outlined in section Eight (8) of the position description.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Work Health and Safety (WHS) principles.
- Current Working with Children Check.
How to Apply
- Apply on line by clicking the link below or got to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/positions_vacant
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria. If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Kerry-Ann Prideaux on 02 9391 7944 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
CLOSING DATE: 11:59pm Sunday, 8 May 2022
Woollahra Council is committed to responding to its responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 in undertaking all measures that are reasonably practical to ensure the health and safety of all our workers. As of 1st December 2021, new employees must be fully vaccinated (two doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence seven days prior to commencement.
Should an applicant indicate that they wish to seek an exemption on medical or other grounds, they will need to provide evidence of their circumstances such as an accepted certified medical contraindication.
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- View The Job Description (Library - Staff - Position Description - Library Customer Service Trainee - March 2022.DOCX)
- Preview The Position Requirements