Job No: BC2760 | Location: Blacktown, NSW
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, halfway between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 415,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 644,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
We are currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic librarian to join our Customer Service team. Located at our Riverstone branch and reporting to the Customer Services Coordinator, you will lead a small team in providing exceptional library services to the community.
Your responsibilities will include delivering relevant programs and activities, including regular programs for children and community technology training sessions. Highly regarded by the local community for personalised service, Riverstone Library is close to rapidly developing residential areas and is identified for future expansion in the Library's Strategic Plan.
If you enjoy providing core frontline library services and have an innovative and strategic streak, we would like to hear from you.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent as recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Eligible for professional membership of ALIA
- Solid library experience
- Working with Children Check (WWCC).
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in both a team and independently
- Ability to lead a team
- Relevant computer skills, including experience in the use of electronic and online resources
- Availability to work flexible working hours, including evenings and weekends as rostered
- Experience in library promotional activities
- Experience supervising staff
- Experience in cash handling
- Experience in library relocation and/or refurbishment
- First aid certification
- Ability to speak a community language
- Class C drivers licence.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- Entry level for this position is $1,396.13 per week
- 35-hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 11% employer contribution payable to your nominated superannuation fund, Fitness Passport, gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
We are a child safe organisation that supports and promotes the safety, wellbeing and empowerment of children.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 16 February 2024, 11.59 pm
Contact Officer: Samantha Cadwallen on (02) 9839 6617
Internal Ref: BCC1143