Cranbourne Library Team Leader- Band 5
- Part Time, working 4 days per week – 28 hours, plus 1 Saturday in 4 and 1 Sunday in 8
- Based at Cranbourne Library – Monday 8.45am to 4.45pm, Tuesday 12pm-8pm, Wednesday 8:45pm to 4:45pm and Thursday 8:45pm to 4:45pm
- Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
- 35 hour per week employment model
About the business and the role
We have an exciting fixed term contract available for a Band 5 Cranbourne Library Team Leader. If you are seeking a leadership role within a dynamic and friendly team then this is the role for you! Incredibly varied, you will be responsible for all areas of branch management, staff supervision, collection management and customer service. A background within public libraries is preferred.
Connected Libraries is known for innovation and the delivery of exceptional library services. We are funded principally by City of Casey and the State Government. We support a rapidly growing and diverse community of more than 392,000 people.
Our branch libraries are located at Cranbourne, Doveton, Endeavour Hills, Hampton Park, and Bunjil Place in Narre Warren. We also have a Library Lounge at Cranbourne West Community Hub. Library Lockers (click and collect and returns services) are located at Cranbourne West, Manna Gum Family and Community Centre, and Orana Community Place.
Our organisation has well-articulated values, and this drives the way we show up, work with each other, and serve our community. If you think you have the right experience and skill set, and our values align with yours, join Connected Libraries to make a real difference in the Casey community.
Key Selection Criteria
- Library qualifications conferring eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library & Information Association, OR Lesser formal qualifications with relevant work skills and experience commensurate with the requirements of the work required
- High level customer service skills
- Proven supervisory and management skills within busy team environments
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with all ages, across all levels of the community
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet organisational strategic outcomes
- Knowledge of collection management processes
- Excellent information technology and problem-solving skills with a range of information technology and software tools
- Ability to manage capacity of branch to deliver an engaging range of programs and services to meet community expectations
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff within a team environment
- Time management, organisational and planning ability
- Driver’s licence essential
- Working with Children Check
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
Connected Libraries has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers.
Applicants can view the Position Description here.
Applications close on Friday 23rd February 2024 at 5pm. Don’t miss out, get your application in today!
Please email covering letter (max. two pages) addressing the key selection criteria listed above plus resume (max. three pages) directly to email@example.com
Please do not apply through Seek.