Technology Support Officer
Deadline: 11:59 PM Wednesday, 11 October 2023
- Full Time Permanent Position
- Join the Libraries team
- $73,697.97 to $82,541.74 per annum, plus 11% superannuation
At Bayside Council, we are committed to a positive, flexible and supportive workplace culture, where our people and customers feel respected and valued. We are proud to serve our community through operating with transparency, integrity and in the best interests of the Bayside community to deliver exceptional service.
About the Role
Provide a socially inclusive library service for all residents in the Bayside LGA that emphasises the support of lifelong learning outcomes and digital participation.
This role is responsible for all duties on the customer service desk, delivery of library programs and the provision of technology support to the library network.
You can also expect to:
- Work on rostered desk shifts at all libraries in the Bayside library network to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of library technology and system support services to contribute to organisational and library goals and objectives.
- Work as part of a team to deliver innovative library programs to meet community needs and expectations across the Bayside library network.
- Provide accurate and timely information services to the public and other stakeholders and promote the library, services, and programs to increase awareness and availability of services.
- Monitor customer behaviour and usage patterns and contribute ideas, observations, and insights to assist with continuous improvement and development of innovative and relevant library services and programs.
- Provide guidance and support for library staff who work on customer service shifts and in the Bayside library network.
- Promote the positive and collaborative culture and values of the organisation through open, fair, and transparent decision making and ethical, professional behaviour.
- Work in collaboration with and assist the team, Manager, and other key stakeholders to achieve business unit goals, work requests, demands and Council priorities.
- Identify and resolve issues related to service delivery in a timely manner to maintain a high-quality level of service and a positive customer experience in a growing and diverse community.
We are looking for a someone who demonstrates:
- TAFE Diploma (AQF) in Library & Information Services
- A current Working with Children Check Number.
- Current Driver’s Licence Class C and/or willingness to travel between Bayside Library locations.
Our Benefits and Culture
As an organisation, we pride ourselves in offering a flexible working environment centred on delivering great outcomes for our customers, whether internal or external. Bayside Council has a strong culture of collaboration and delivering exciting new initiatives for our community.
On top of the competitive salary, our people enjoy;
- 3 extra days off during Christmas each year
- 15 days sick leave each year.
- 2 days health and wellbeing days each year
- Generous parental leave entitlements for both parents
Your application should include an up-to-date resume (max 3 pages) and a covering letter (max 2 pages), outlining how your skills and experience meet the focus competencies, key accountabilities and challenges of the role outlined in the position description.
Applications must be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line F23/855: Technology Support Officer
Closing Date: 11:59 PM Wednesday, 11 October 2023
Salary range: $73,697.97 to $82,541.74 per annum, plus 11% superannuation
Enquiries: Natalie Funston, Acting Coordinator Libraries on 0427 977 821 or at email@example.com
Applicants may be required to satisfactorily undertake a Criminal History Check, Medical and/or Working with Children Check in accordance with the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive work environment.