Reference # 5292
Mackay Regional Council
Mackay Regional Council is searching for a passionate Librarian Collections to join our Mackay Regional Council Libraries Programs, Systems and Operations team based at the Gordon White Library.
About the opportunity:
The Librarian Collections oversee all aspects of developing and maintaining the Library Services collections, ensuring that the collection is relevant, well-used and up-to-date to meet the community’s needs of a modern library for information, leisure and lifelong learning. The successful candidate will have demonstrated team leadership experience including performance management, capability development and workforce planning.
Essential Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Recognised qualification in Information and Library Studies (preferred), or related tertiary qualification and/or substantial experience to carry out the range of duties required.
- QLD C Class Drivers Licence
- Experience within a customer service or library environment or equivalent
- Experience leading and managing a team, including performance management, capability development and workforce planning.
- Blue Card - It is an essential requirement for this position to hold a Working with Children Blue Card. Under Queensland legislation, you must hold the Blue Card prior to commencing employment – No Card, No Start policy. If you currently do not hold a Blue Card, we recommend you commence the application process when you apply for the position.For more information please refer to the following website: https://www.qld.gov.au/law/laws-regulated-industries-and-accountability/queensland-laws-and-regulations/regulated-industries-and-licensing/blue-card/applications/apply
Why work for Mackay Regional Council?
Mackay Regional Council is committed to providing a positive work/life balance, giving you ample opportunity to explore endless beautiful beaches, scenic drives past the sugar-cane fields to Eungella National Park and beautiful forests, parks, gorges and secret swimming holes in the Mackay Region.
In addition, Mackay Regional Council provides competitive remuneration packages including attractive salary, hours, employee benefits and training and development opportunities.
In return for your valued contribution, you will be rewarded with;
- Annual base salary from $87,913
- Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Choice of 4 or 5 weeks’ annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- 9 Day Fortnight Roster (any 5 out of 7 may apply)
- May be eligible for salary sacrificing options through Salary Packaging Australia
- Membership to lifestyle benefits program including corporate discounts for employees and their families with the opportunity to obtain significant savings in time and money across a wide range of products and services throughout Australia
- Study and assistance programs for career development and ongoing learning opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family
- Employee health and wellbeing initiatives including Corporate Discounts for Health Insurance & Fitness Passport
Are you ready to catapult your career?
For us to assess if you’re the one we are searching for, all applications must include a Cover Letter, Resume and a full statement addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
Applications Close: 1st December 2022
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to all opportunities available. At Mackay Regional Council, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognises the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees, working together to deliver extraordinary results.