Team Leader Library Programs
- Reference Number: S100-20-792
- Closing Date: 05-10-2020
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Team Leader Library Programs
Salary - $1,671.50 - $1,915.40 pw + super
Come join an organisation with endless opportunities, where people choose to work because they are inspired by the chance to shape, influence and grow a community.
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative and opportunistic library professional to join our Library Services team as the Team Leader Library Programs. Your drive and passion for contemporary library practices will see you lead a team of specialist library professionals in the development and delivery of creative library programs tailored to our growing community within our library creative spaces and facilities.
If you enjoy a challenging, diverse and rapidly evolving working environment which provides the opportunity to make a difference, don’t miss this opportunity to be part of something great.
What We Offer
We are committed to offering and supporting development and employment opportunities to help people excel and build a lasting career. We offer generous learning and development opportunities as well as access to employee benefits and education assistance.
We promote diversity in the workplace and have a culture that is inclusive, respectful and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all people.
As the community continues to grow, this opportunity will allow you to grow with it!
- Tertiary qualifications in Library and Information Science or a related field, that allow professional membership of ALIA
- Proven experience in library work and a strong knowledge of public library practices including library systems, information technology and social networking technologies
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate and supervise staff
- Strong capacity for strategic thinking and commitment to continued improvement
- Demonstrated experience in the development, promotion and delivery of recreational and educational library programs in particular to adults
- Knowledge and experience using online informational databases and developing and implementing library training programs
- Current high level digital literacy skills, with the confidence to support customers with diverse technology including online and virtual collections and services, across multiple devices, platforms, apps and software
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Sound knowledge of library policies, practices and current trends in libraries
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment including new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO and WHS principles
- Current Working with Children Check
- Experience in the delivery of recreational and educational programs for various target groups
- Time management skills
- Self-directed work practices
- Knowledge of current educational trends
“The above position has been identified as a Child-Related position under the Child Protection laws in NSW. Applicants will be required to obtain a new Working With Children Check. For more information visit www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au. Prohibited Persons are not eligible to apply.”.
Further Information: Bernadette Fleet, Manager Library Services on (02) 4645 5053
Closing Date: 5 October 2020
- View The Job Description (PDWHS - Team Leader Library Programs - August 2020.pdf
- Preview The Position Requirements