Senior Workary Programs Officer
Applications closing on 04 February 2022, 11:59 PM
- Reference number: 2021.088
- Job Type: Full Time
- Package: This position is a Grade 6, salary range is $83,887 p.a. with progression to $92,596 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $98,263 p.a.
- Position Description: Position-Description-CL0446-Senior-Workary-Programs-Officer-0000000.pdf(PDF, 213KB)
THE POSITION: The Senior Workary Programs Officer contributes to the development and delivery of the Library’s “Workary” co-working service, which comprises the Workary space which has seating for 100 plus people and meeting rooms; a program of business workshops and networking events, and a business referral service.
In this role the Senior Workary Programs Officer:
- Supports the development of local education providers, start-ups and businesses.
- Builds relationships with businesses, institutions, individuals and organisations interested in contributing to the development and delivery of the Library’s Workary services.
- Tertiary degree in a business management discipline or Libraries
- Proven ability to negotiate and facilitate cooperation and partnership. Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain working relationships with the general, business and business related communities to develop collaborative business services, programs and events.
- Demonstrated experience developing, delivering and promoting business services and programs to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting cultural change within a team to create an environment of continuous improvement by researching the market, developing and modifying systems, policies and procedures and collecting and analysing data.
- Demonstrated experience in small project management with the ability to analyse problems and develop creative solutions.
- Demonstrated experience presenting to a variety of groups and communicating complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
- Sound understanding of the Local Government environment and knowledge of relevant opportunities and their application to the Library’s Workary service development and delivery
- An enthusiastic and engaging approach to providing excellent customer service to a diverse range of people and demonstrated experience in a public library setting.
- Current New South Wales Class C Driver’s License
- Business development qualification, experience and/or training
- Knowledge of current business practices and principles and associated issues and trends, including disruptive technologies.
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 70 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade 6, salary range is $83,887 p.a. with progression to $92,596 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $98,263 p.a.
- Flexible working hours are available.
- A uniform is provided.
FURTHER CONTACTS Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Hollie McPherson on (02) 9725 0118 or a position description is available by contacting Sharon Allard on (02) 9725 0359.
CLOSING DATE Midnight 4 February 2022
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required in the Position Description. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense.
Please note that this role requires mandatory vaccination against COVID-19 at Fairfield City Council. All applicants must be vaccinated (and provide proof - cited vaccination certificate).
Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. As an inclusive workplace, we support reasonable workplace adjustment. If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia, and may be required to undertake a national police clearance as part of the recruitment process.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
PO BOX 21 ALAN YOUNG PSM
FAIRFIELD NSW 1860 CITY MANAGER