Children and Youth Library Officer
- Temporary, part time until July 2021 (31.5 hours per fortnight)
- Circa $69k + super (pro-rata)
- Working across all Darebin library branches
About City of Darebin
Darebin Libraries provides welcoming, inclusive and accessible spaces for our community members to connect, discover and learn. Our libraries (Fairfield, Northcote, Preston and Reservoir) provide equitable and easy access to information, support, facilities, technology and programs that range from improving personal wellbeing to tackling climate change to educating the community about the safe use of technology. We aim to enrich the lives of our diverse community and create opportunities for lifelong learning.
About the Role
As part of our Children and Youth team in branches across the City of Darebin, you will deliver enthusiastic customer service to our community. Play a key role in the development and delivery of programming for children, young people and their families. Encourage a passion for lifelong learning and foster a love of reading with the support of physical and digital collections. Please note this role is part of a job share arrangement with an employee returning from parental leave.
- Develop and deliver programs and activities which support children and young people to foster their love of reading and learning – online and in venue
- Deliver excellent customer service to the community
- Contribute to the development of library physical and digital collections
- Connect with organisations and teams to deliver outreach and services to the community with a focus on children and youth and their families
Skills & Experience
- Experience in delivering and evaluating learning activities and programs in a library or community setting for children and young people
- Well developed digital literacy skill with proficiency to work in online environments with range of devices
- Relevant experience or qualifications in library or youth work, education or relevant field
- Experience delivering enthusiastic customer service in a library, retail or hospitality environment
- Passion to work and develop children and young people to connect with libraries and learning
Darebin is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities in Victoria in terms of cultures, language (more than 118 languages are spoken), religions, socio-economic background, employment status, occupation and housing needs. You will work for an organisation that proudly values social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence.
- Supportive team environment
- Training opportunities provided
- Working for a Council that proudly values social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence
- Working with a team committed to delivering the best quality service to our customers
- Access to secure on-site bicycle parking and a range of conveniently located public transport options
How to Apply
Start your application by clicking ‘Begin’ below. Candidates must provide a resume, and those who wish to address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description may do so in their cover letter. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Contact Claire O’Driscoll, Acting Team Leader Children and Youth on (03) 8470 8955 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Sunday, 9 August 2020 at 11.30pm.
The City of Darebin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. Darebin is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.
View the Position Description