Senior Library Branch Leader
- Apply now
- Job Number: 497990
- Division: Community & Environment
- Employment Status: Full time, Permanent
- Categories: Library Services
This role sits within our Cultural Services Department, which includes Galleries, Museums, Libraries, Heritage and Arts and Cultural Activation. Cultural Services aim to provide engaging leisure and learning experiences by connecting people to resources and each other. We strive for excellence when delivering exhibitions, information, collections, programs and spaces for our community and visitors. Our department employs approximately 220 staff over 16 venues throughout the region.
About our opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Library Branch Leader to lead our team at the Caboolture Library.
Under your leadership as a Senior Leader, the Library team will provide and deliver a range of contemporary and dynamic services aimed at achieving quality community engagement and positive customer service experiences.
To achieve this, you will be responsible for the management and development of:
- a large branch library team
- home library service delivery;
- a library collection that addresses the collection needs of local community and supports network collection outcomes;
- relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders and regional partners;
- business plans and reports on service outcomes;
- facility and venue maintenance; and
- service and process reviews to deliver strategies and projects.
In addition, you will contribute to the broader Cultural Services department initiatives, strategies and service enhancement opportunities and maintain a customer centric culture of high performance and accountability.
We are looking for candidates who are experienced and knowledgeable in the delivery of high volume and complex public library services and programs.
As an influential, proactive and passionate leader you will be able to demonstrate your experience and commitment to:
- building positive and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- engaging regional communities;
- developing team and individual capabilities; and
- fostering a healthy, inclusive and well-connected workplace.
Well versed with strategy development and business documentation, you will also be proficient and accustomed to developing business plans, reporting, undertaking financial management and managing complex projects.
Preferably, to strengthen your skillset and knowledge base you will have:
- context and an understanding for political and organisational environments similar to Local Government; and
- a tertiary qualification in Library and Information Management.
Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 7 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
Location: Caboolture Library
Hours: 72.5 hours, 9-day fortnight.
NOTE: This position requires the successful applicant to be available to work any 5 out of 7 days as part of the ordinary hours.
- $100,381 annual salary (up to 12%) + leave loading
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1900 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our mates and construction program.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Click here for a copy of the position description - Senior Library Branch Leader
To obtain further details please contact our Recruitment Team at email@example.com
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what’s happening in our region, follow us on Linked In - Moreton Bay Regional Council Linked In
Applications close: 25 April 2022 23:55