Manager Library Services
- Location: Gordon Library
- Category: Management
- Date Posted: 22-Sep-2020
- Application Close Date: 12-Oct-2020
- Job Reference: KMC/1481189
- Position Type: Permanent Full Time
View Position Description: MCLS01 - Manager Library Services - Position Description - September 2020.pdf (PDF, 283KB)
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Library Services Manager to provide strategic leadership and drive innovative change.
Manager Library Services
- Salary $149,990.36 - $171,087.28 p/a + super
- Tertiary qualifications & experience essential
- Permanent fulltime - 35 hours per week
- Leaseback vehicle offered
Located 16 kms north of the Sydney CBD, the Ku-ring-gai area covers 84km2, is home to 124,000 residents and is set in one of New South Wales' most attractive natural environments.
Ku-ring-gai Council has a bold vision for optimising future library services for its community, including the development of a new Lindfield Village Hub, providing a state-of-the-art precinct which will incorporate a new library and community space.
The Council is seeking an engaging Manager Library Services to lead the library and art centre teams in developing and delivering professional and innovative services that respond to the present and developing needs of the Ku-ring-gai community.
This role will ideally suit an experienced leader who demonstrates the values and behaviours they expect of others, and understands the importance of engaging and empowering people in delivering customer focused services and improvements.
Reporting to the Director Community, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Effectively manage the Ku-ring-gai library service and art centre to ensure they are customer-focussed, reflect community expectations, and are aligned with Council's visions
- Provide strategic and innovative planning for library and community facilities and services
- Liaise with funding bodies, industry professionals and community organisations including networking and seeking partnerships with library service professionals.
Required experience & skills:
- Bachelor or graduate library qualifications or equivalent qualifications that are recognised for professional membership by the Australian Library Information Association of Australia (ALIA) or other professional associations
- Demonstrated experience in a specialist related field of at least 3-5 years
- Ability to develop, lead and support customer focused and cohesive teams
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading organisational change across a service or business unit.
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to address all Essential Criteria as listed within the Position Description to be eligible for an interview.
Like to know more? Please Contact Janice Bevan on (02) 9424 0840
Closes: 11:45pm, Monday 12 October 2020
Ku-ring-gai Council is an equal opportunity employer